Analyst, Senior Demand Planning Inventory at Ball Aerospace
Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
Responsible for tactical planning of demand and inventory for Ball Beverage Packaging North & Central America. Acts as the primary liaison between the business and the planning systems.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Reports metrics related to demand and Inventory planning on a daily basis.
- Provides root cause analysis for customer specific variances to current forecast plan.
- Tracks new customers and SKUs for inclusion in demand planning software.
- Conducts data cleansing activities for planning tools including, but not exclusively, chaining and removal of forecast elements.
- Performs what-if analyses, simulations, and scenarios to assist in the forecasting process.
- Performs division operational demand reporting using established forms and ad-hoc customer analysis.
- Responsible for the generation of statistical safety stock levels and necessary overrides for raw materials and finished goods.
- Maintains proper inputs (locations and variability adjustments) for the Oracle Inventory Optimization software package.
- Coordinates closely with sourcing, tactical and long-term supply planning teams to ensure that safety stock assumptions and strategies are understood throughout the planning functions.
Position Requirement & Competencies:
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college. Bachelor’s degree in business, mathematics, statistics, and another quantitative analysis heavy discipline. MBA preferred.
- Job related experience for 2 years minimum with a Fortune 500 company
- Ability to make detailed presentations of financial analysis on projects and a variety of business problems to top management.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and make recommendations.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: Economic Value Added (EVA), business and economic principles and practices, financial modeling, Microsoft Word and Excel, JDE Enterprise One, Oracle Value Chain Planning, and other applicable software applications
Demonstrate Ball Leadership Behaviors:
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness: Uses a combination of feedback and self-reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses
- Instils Trust: Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity
- Interpersonal Intelligence: Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Demonstrated Results: Consistently achieves results even under tough circumstances
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $77,500-$115,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans