Analyst II - Project Controls at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Finance Strategic Support Unit delivers the expertise and business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by providing actionable information with recommendations and opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.
Analyst II – Project Controls
Support the Project Controls scheduling functions on aerospace programs. Tasks are performed under the general direction of program managers and functional managers, plus mentoring of senior Project Controls staff.
What You’ll Do:
- Review the program contractual schedule requirements and work with the project controls staff to ensure requirements are met.
- Support the Project Controls staff on assigned programs with:
- Baseline development and maintenance including Baseline Change Request (BCR) inputs as necessary
- Weekly and/or monthly schedule updates and attend schedule update meetings as required
- Development of schedule reports and provide in a timely manner to support customer deliverables as necessary
- Attendance of customer meetings as required
- Presentation of schedule information may be required to customer and management
- Support to the Project Controls cost analyst as required including quarterly EACs, rolling wave planning, variance analysis determination, cost and schedule integration, and other support as deemed necessary
- Recovery schedule development and implementation as deemed necessary
- What-if schedule inputs and analysis
- Support the development and maintenance of work center schedules as required.
- Support new business proposals with development of proposal schedules as required.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 2 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Strong knowledge and proven experience in utilizing business principles, concepts, practices, and standards.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills are required.
- Ability to work in a team setting, coordinating group initiatives in order to bring a project to completion.
- Must have a positive attitude and be willing to take initiative.
- Desired experience using MS Project and Excel, along with other MS Office Products.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $59,000 - $80,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.