Analyst, FP&A at Evolve
Evolve Vacation Rental is a hospitality company with a mission to make renting a vacation home easy for both property owners and guests. Thanks to an unapologetic passion for hospitality, we now support over 14,000 properties in over 700 markets across North America. We enjoy earning each guest and owner's business - all while having some fun along the way.
Why this role:
We have a small but mighty FP&A group who is working to support our rapidly growing organization. Evolve offers the stability of a larger organization (with solid revenue and funding) coupled with all the fun of a department that is growing and developing. You will have the opportunity to bring all of your prior experience to help build the expense tracking process, work closely with accounting to understand and analyze variances, improve our headcount budgeting and forecasting process, while figuring out efficiencies in the areas you support along the way. You’ll have the opportunity and autonomy to implement best practices, learn and grow.
What you’ll do:
Evolve’s business is complex and dynamic. We have multiple customer and partner types and an expanding suite of products and services while operating in a fast-changing, high-growth industry. In an environment like this, the Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) function plays a critical role in helping the company forecast, plan, analyze opportunities, invest, become more efficient, and communicate with investors and third parties.
As a key member of the FP&A team with a focus on workforce and expense planning, the Financial Analyst will be responsible for ensuring the right people are in the right place at the right time to meet the growing needs of our customers. You will work closely with the business leaders, the People team, and the Talent Acquisition team to understand the needs of the business and how to plan for future growth. This will include understanding recruiting and staffing requirements as well as managing, tracking, and projecting department level budgets. You will regularly conduct analyses of different business considerations and scenarios to understand key performance indicators and metrics across the organization. The Financial Analyst is in a unique position to have a meaningful impact across the entire business.
- Own the headcount planning and forecasting process, partnering closely with the recruiting team and each business unit to understand drivers, variances, and potential risks
- Perform continual analysis of current performance (noting recent historical trends) and conduct re-forecasting to make necessary adjustments in close collaboration across teams
- Manage department budgets and expense forecasts, working closely with each business unit along the way
- Partner with business leadership to create, track, analyze, and update variable compensation plans, understanding and communicating variances as needed
- Help to construct and work with financial models to support the monthly forecasts and annual operating plan
- Participate in Monthly and Quarterly reviews with business leadership
- Provide proactive suggestions and identify opportunities to improve operational efficiency and productivity
- Business Partnering: You will build strong relationships and collaborate with business leaders to become a trusted advisor who highlights risks, spots opportunities, and builds models to improve business decisions
What makes you a great fit:
- 2+ years in an FP&A or Corporate Finance role, with experience in budgeting/forecasting, headcount planning, and financial modeling, or relevant experience.
- Degree in Finance, Business or a related field
- Proficiency in reporting, modeling, and analysis in Excel
- Experience building cross-functional relationships with individuals in all levels and functions and partnering with organizational leaders
- Ability to prioritize and work independently to accomplish several goals concurrently
- Ability to extract insight from data, and translate into actionable plans
- A strong drive to figure it out, build it, and make it better
While we are all currently working from home until at least July, our goal is to eventually return to our beautiful Denver office and collaborate in person.
Total Rewards at Evolve
At Evolve, we care for our teammates by supporting their physical, mental, and financial wellbeing through a comprehensive Total Rewards Program.
- Industry competitive pay
- Health insurance package options that include 100% employer paid HDHP plan and two PPO plan options for you and your dependents
- Employer paid dental, and vision, for you and your qualified dependents
- Paid life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage
- Company equity
- 401(k) with a 4% match that vests immediately
- PTO, sick days, and paid Parental Leave
But wait, there’s more… optional benefits offered include commuter benefits, pet insurance and travel perks.
For this role our salary range is $65,000 to $75,000
Opportunity: Our leadership and management teams are dedicated to creating meaningful learning and growth opportunities for all Evolvers, as well as providing clear expectations and continuous feedback.
Community: It’s easy to make friends at Evolve. We support maintaining a strong community through our teammate-led groups focused on learning, inclusion, environmental wellness, and more.
Transparency: Every month, our leadership team shares how the company is performing, explaining where we’re headed next, and recognizing team members for jobs well done.
Values: They mean more to Evolve than just bullets on a page, they drive our daily decisions and impact how we work as a hospitality company.
- Earn It
- Build Loyalty One Interaction at a Time
- Communicate Often, Honestly & Directly
- Embrace Change
- Stay Hungry & Humble
- Be Efficient
- Take Risks
- Learn Every Day
- Have Some Fun Along the Way
Which value sounds the most like you?
Evolve is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse work environment is a successful work environment so all qualified candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.