AML Compliance Analyst at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Business Administration
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
This role is funded by and necessary to realize revenue synergy by bringing World Pay disbursements to US prospects/clients, which is being enabled through the use of our existing Money Transfer Licenses under the MPS entity. This role will report to the Director of AML Compliance within the LOB and will be responsible for monitoring and reporting against the transactions within that LOB.
What you will be doing
Track, review and communicate pending and passed regulations, agency guidelines or directives to impacted lines of business and assist in setting priorities for regulatory issues that must be addressed by the business.
• Monitors and communicates regulatory changes that impact FIS products, services and business activities.
• Maintains knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
• Offers guidance on implementing regulatory changes.
• Communicates detailed requirements to LOB, validate solution approach and monitor status.
• Provides compliance reviews and direction for new and expanding products and services.
• Responds to issues and matters pertaining to regulatory compliance of FIS products, services and business activities.
• Performs periodic reviews and evaluations of FIS products, services and business activities to validate compliance with applicable laws and regulations or detect regulatory violations, weak controls or other potential areas of exposure.
• Conducts compliance assessments and provides direction on any deficiencies detected by those assessments.
• Meets with business unit Compliance Officers on a regular basis for status updates on compliance issues.
• Monitors LOB compliance activities to verify that regulatory compliance deadlines and requirements are met.
• Tracks and validates product compliance deficiencies to completion.
• Participates in development of compliance sessions/presentations.
• Participates in training promoting compliance awareness.
• Identifies areas of potential improvement.
• Provides updates for periodic reports.
• Interfaces with legal counsel and federal, state and local agencies, as needed to address regulatory or compliance issues, concerns or questions.
• Assists the business with responses to customer compliance-specific questions and concerns.
• Participates with and/or leads customer focus and advisory groups.
• Prepares and approves internal and customer communications covering compliance issues (bulletins, position statements, monthly reports, etc.
What you bring:
• Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, and professional manner
• Comprehensive knowledge of at least one substantive area of compliance, such as banking regulations, anti-money laundering, or anti-corruption
• Excellent analytical skills
• Ability to understand technical documents and legal or regulatory reference materials
• Ability to understand and apply learned concepts
• Demonstrated ability to plan and complete work within tight time limitations
• Ability to apply creative problem solving techniques and tools to compliance issues
• Ability to follow and conduct a compliance monitoring program
• Ability to provide information to a variety of audiences and deal effectively with confidential issues that are sensitive in nature
• Ability to share information with awareness of its effect on others
What we offer you
- Competitive salary and excellent bonus potential (upon entering a full sales executive role)
- Attractive benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, and travel insurance
- Training across core financial, sales and FIS solutions
- International travel
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.