Agile Team Lead
The Agile Team Lead (ATL) is responsible for leading Alteryx’s agile practice and is the primary champion for our overall continuous improvement efforts to create and adapt a Best-in-Class SDLC for Alteryx. S/he will work across the entire organization, and up and down the hierarchy, to network and advocate for agile values, principles and best practices; and they will ensure the overall governance of our Agile Practice in concert with leadership and the input of the Agile Practice Group. The team lead manages the Alteryx Agile Practice Group, a team of Agile Coaches serving as a lead, coach and mentor. S/he also serves as an ad hoc agile coach, process mentor and facilitator for various teams as needed. The strong candidate will have expert level command of coaching and facilitation skills with several years of experience coaching in Scrum, Kanban and Agile at Scale, and several years of experience managing a team and working with leaders on SDLC processes . The ideal candidate has a passion for continuous improvement, and a natural affinity for life-long learning.
* Continuously inspect the state of Alteryx’s agility, using objective data to reveal opportunities for improvement, and provide guidance to Leadership on possible course corrections and best practices to adopt.
* Foster a data-driven approach to agility at both the team and program levels, uncovering new and maintaining existing metrics that help teams to evaluate their commitment and delivery performance & inform and focus their improvement efforts.
* Work closely with leadership, engineering teams, and the APG on creating and adapting a best-in-class SDLC process at Alteryx, articulating and reinforcing principles that are meaningful and consistent to both engineering and agile practices.
* Serve as global Team Lead for the Agile Practice Group of Agile Coaches, overseeing day to day activities and ensuring alignment around all agile practices and community standards across the organization. This includes hiring, performance management, and individual development of the team members. Provide guidance on team activities, including serving as Product Owner of the team’s backlog.
* Develop learning objectives and roll out training modules to ensure that anyone working within Alteryx’s engineering organization is adequately equipped to understand our agile practice, how it works and their own role within it.
* Set a standard for excellent facilitation of agile events (planning meetings, backlog refinement meetings, retrospectives, Iteration demos) and directly facilitate large-scale, program-level meetings: big room planning, big room retrospectives, etc.
* Advise teams on program level planning events and activities.
* Work with Program Management to ensure any cross-team coordination via collaboration techniques like Scrum-of-Scrums, Dependency & Risk management follow agile best practices.
* Create information radiators that allow the organization to communicate and visualize their work.
* Lead the team in administering CA Technologies (Rally) software and optimize the workflow process and reporting for teams (Scrum development teams as well as shared service teams).
* Exhibits agile principles of transparency, openness, respect and courage with the Agile Team as well as the organization.
* Demonstrate ability to collaborate with people of different opinions, cultures, backgrounds and communication styles using skills such as: conflict resolution, active listening, crucial conversations etc.
Qualifications, Skills & Education:
* 5+ years of experience as Agile Coach or Scrum Master.
* 3+ years of experience working with leadership to establish effective SDLC processes.
* 3+ years of experience managing a knowledge team
* Has received certifications in or can demonstrate equivalent experience in the following:
- Agile Coaching
- Implementing Agile at Scale
* 4-year degree (Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration or related functional field) and/or equivalent combination of education or work experience.
* Excellent organizational, leadership and facilitation skills as well as strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Demonstrated expectation management, influencing and conflict resolution skills.
* Proven ability to collaborate across various groups, build relationships and manage effectively in a matrix organization.
* Strong skills in planning, resource planning, and risk assessment.