Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
The role leads workstream Innovation and Transformation initiatives on a global scale through collaboration with internal and external resources, leveraging L6S and project management methodologies to ensure efficient and successful project implementations. Further, the role is responsible for working closely with business stakeholders in the elements of process design, technology, policy, and data governance to deliver best-in-class operations.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain the Innovation and Transformation roadmap and portfolio, working closely with the A2R organization (global and regional) to identify opportunities and business benefits, build out detailed implementation plans and measure business outcomes.
- Provide strategic direction while communicating the vision for the global account-to-report processes on behalf of the A2R GPO, ensuring a high level of standardization and minimization of local variants throughout project execution.
- Develop and translate strategy into objectives and process framework.
- Responsible for 1) Continuous Improvement - Maximizing the Value Delivery of the existing core, 2) Implement Known Solutions – Example SAP model, 3) Develop innovative solutions that take Ball to the next level of capability
- Responsibilities are carried out in a variety of capacities, including internal expert and also leader and influencer of change and continuous improvement. Execution of job responsibilities requires close coordination with GPO and FPOs, Project Leaders in Region and BU’s, IS Project Leaders, Business Relationship Managers, GBS Leadership and Teams and Suppliers/external consultants.
- Plays a key leadership role in ensuring the success of implementation and sustainability of A2R Global Framework, Performance Management processes, best practices handbooks, A2R Surveys, A2R toolset and other supportive technologies
- Lead and/or project manage transformation and continuous improvement projects that involve standardizing or automating process steps, harmonizing data for consistent processing and reporting, identifying and implementing new tools to improve accuracy and efficiency, reduce process costs, and maximize investment returns.
- Conduct campaigns to ensure end-to-end stakeholder buy-in and support during implementation and post-implementation of initiatives.
- Work independently while managing multiple priorities in a global environment; interacting with and influencing business partners at all levels of the organization.
- Support the development of standardized/centralized analytical reporting.
- Coordinate the identification, prioritization, and implementation of new platform and process capabilities in partnership with Global and Regional Accounting teams, Treasury and Business Relationship Managers.
- Facilitate change management and training relative to new processes or platforms.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships within the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
- While the regular working cycle of this position is usually five days on (Monday-Friday), this job may include working weekends (Saturday and Sunday); working hours may vary as specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
Demonstrated Ball Leadership Skills:
- Inspirational Role Model - Understands themselves and seeks opportunities to learn. Shows composure, responding consistently, openly, and courageously in all situations.
- Authentic Leadership - Demonstrates humility in the way they lead others. Takes a stand for what is right and admits their mistakes.
- Leadership Presence - Inspires trust in the broader organization. Acts on a sense of what the organization most needs to elevate its impact and move forward through complexity.
- Relationship Builder - Listens and empathizes, engages a wide range of people. Embraces peoples’ differences and helps every individual feel special and valued.
- People Grower - Encourages leadership in others and takes risks to help others grow. Champions collaboration across the organization
- Culture Champion - Consciously evolves the culture to help secure the future of the business. Recognizes where behaviors need to change and how to change them.
- Results Oriented - A desire to make things happen, sets stretch goals and motivates others to achieve them. Always looking to create a better result for customers.
- Future Catalyst - Communicates a vision of the future that compels others and helps them see around corners. Embraces change, takes risks, and seeks diverse perspectives.
- Breakthrough Strategist - Sees connections others don’t see. Translates this new insight into break-through strategies that open up new directions. Enrolls others in the new.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree a plus
- Lean Six Sigma Certification Preferred
- Project Management Professional Accreditation Preferred
- Job related experience for 10 years minimum
- Prior experience with practical knowledge of Account-to-Report processes/operations
- Ability to work independently on complex issues that may require in depth analysis of data and business processes
- Strong communication (written and verbal) with the ability to engage effectively across different job levels and cultures
- Strong attention to detail and high quality of work output
- Experience with ERP (JDE and SAP preferred) and A2R impact of edge applications
- Prior experience in leading process re-engineering and standardization based on industry leading practices in a global environment preferred
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner
- Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct as outlined in the Ball Corporation manuals
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Ability to work over 40 hours a week, weekends and holidays when the business/project/nature of the work requires it
- 25% of travel, may include domestic and international travel
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $98,500-$150,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans