The Network Engineer
Optimize reliability, performance, supportability and security of Zoom’s infrastructure.
Ensure production environments and data centers are equipped with proper level of resources and are designed correctly to scale per business needs.
Participate in and review testing procedures for change and configuration management in production environments.
Provide technical input in reviewing architecture, policies and procedures to ensure that security, backup, fail-over, alerting and disaster recovery mechanisms are in place.
Act as escalation point between service delivery/support team and engineering to help identify and troubleshoot service problems.
Analyze and resolve video infrastructure faults and undertake routine preventative measures as well as kick off new initiatives to avoid service degradation's.
Identify and assist in implementing monitoring to ensure health, performance and security of Zoom’s production and non-production cloud infrastructure.
Plan automated backups and fail-over configurations.
Develop capacity plans for new and existing video infrastructure.
Work closely with software engineers to implement new data center technologies.
Strong knowledge of Internet routing protocols and techniques such as BGP, OSPF, ECMP, MPLS.
Network Operations Engineer, preferably for a cloud or service provider with large scale network.
Proficiency with Juniper and Arista required
Prefer experience Cisco CLI
Adept at working with vendors for appliances and peering.
Linux administration including scripting.
Network engineering and security proficiency around firewalls and VPNs.
Excellent problem solving skills.
University degree in Computer Science or related subject.
Ability to work independently and as part of a team to deliver outcomes.
The Jr. Telephony Engineer will work in Zoom's Telephony team in building and maintaining Zoom's Global Voice Audio Conferencing platforms.
This individual will interface with our carriers and customers as well as Zoom Operations, Network and Service Engineering teams to design, build, enhance and support all aspects of Zoom Audio Conference Telephony platforms.
This is an exciting position with a global company.
- Supporting Zoom VoIP infrastructure applications, hardware and software related to Zoom Telephony projects and other operational tasks.
- Work with VoIP gateways for both SIP and PSTN protocols.
- Create Network Diagrams and related documentation using Microsoft Visio
- Support operational activities including CA helpdesk ticket resolution
- Participate in the planning and design of both network and VoIP systems
- Simultaneously and successfully handle multiple, disparate projects while working with other members of the team and supporting end-users
- Sufficient education, training, and experience with Networking and Telephony to demonstrate possession and direct application of technical knowledge and abilities.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, Masters degree preferred
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Zoom’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Hear from our leadership team
Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
Visit our Blog
Zoom with us!
Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram