Systems Engineer II - Service Delivery (Hybrid) at Spectrum (Greater Denver Area, CO)
This position is eligible to work in a hybrid work model (combination of in-office and remote days). **
Responsible for assisting design, development, and implementation of enterprise-wide customer premises equipment (CPE) activation, provisioning, and operations platforms applications and their associated operating systems and databases. Responsible for administration of CPE activation, provisioning, and operations platforms supporting all Charter Divisions. Participation in full life-cycle of systems engineering activities of high-quality, scalable solutions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Coordinates with internal departments to review existing integration capabilities, data sources, and proposed solution designs for feasibility, cost and functionality
- Conducts design sessions with appropriate participation from architects and engineers
- Creates detailed design documents and functional specifications for new applications / services and for enhancements to existing systems / services
- Collaborates to creates configuration designs for design and implementation of various environments
- Creates work effort estimates for new features and bug fixes for use in prioritization and release management
- Design core code modules, unit test tools and release notes for enhancements and bug fixes
- Reviews new development tools, application frameworks and testing tools for functionality / effectiveness
- Installs, administers, configures and maintains CPE activation, provisioning, and operations applications including operating systems and related software
- Provides 'on call' support to resolve CPE activation, provisioning, and operations platform issues after normal business hours
- Uses established change management processes, requiring operational procedures be performed with minimal customer impact, (i.e. during established maintenance window)
- Configure, tune and maintain databases in variety of languages
- Documents systems configurations and upgrades
- Designs and implements change and control policies and disaster recovery plans; lead troubleshooting efforts to restore functionality in the event of an outage
- Monitors and assists in managing applications, device availability, network conditions and status, system reliability and performance, service and program maintenance and storage resources
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Security or related field and / or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of two (2) years CPE, DOCSIS, or Network Engineering experience
- Minimum of two (2) years automation experience (Python, bash, pearl, etc.)
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience network OSS and application work experience
ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Working knowledge of UNIX-based platforms
- Advanced knowledge of troubleshooting tools (i.e tcpdump, netstat, iostat, traceroute, snoop)
- Working knowledge with System monitoring applications (OP5, Nagios, DataDog, etc).
- Solid understanding of LAN/WAN topology, network protocols (TCP/IP, FTP, NFS), switches and firewalls
- Experience activating/maintaining CPE per the DOCSIS, PacketCable, and SNMP specifications
- Comprehension of the DHCP, DNS, SNMP, and TFTP protocols
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Advanced ability to conduct design sessions to specify solution designs for feasibility, cost, and functionality
- Advanced ability to create detailed documentation to functionally understand new and existing applications
- Advanced ability to follow and implement established change and control policies and procedures
- Advanced ability to troubleshoot application problems
- In-depth knowledge of development tools, application frameworks, and testing tools.
- In-depth knowledge of OSS applications and software
- In-depth knowledge of choosing the appropriate lifecycle and the planning, monitoring and control of the systems engineering process
- Knowledge of network and systems engineering systems concepts and system/super-system skills, including Cisco UCS, and VMWare systems
- Knowledge of the Python programing language including utilization of Class Structures, network related modules and programing (HTTP, socket, ping, snmp, etc. ), database integration, Python web frameworks, RESTful API integration
- Experience with network, application, or device troubleshooting
- Experience with application support, network OSS applications and / or systems administration
- CCNA or equivalent experience
ISY340-APO 2023-19063 2023
Here, employees don't just have jobs, they build careers. That's why we believe in offering a comprehensive package that rewards employees for their contributions to our success, supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage of life.
A qualified applicant's criminal history, if any, will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable laws, including local ordinances.
The pay for this position has a salary range of
$75,200.00 to $120,000.00. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as bonuses.
Get to Know Us Charter Communications is known in the United States by our Spectrum brands, including: Spectrum Internet®, TV, Mobile and Voice, Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach. When you join us, you're joining a strong community of more than 101,000 individuals working together to serve more than 32 million customers in 41 states and keep them connected to what matters most.
Who You Are Matters Here We're committed to growing a workforce that reflects our communities, and providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement. EOE, including disability/vets.