Mission Assurance Manager III - Mission Assurance at Ball Aerospace (Greater Boulder Area, CO)
Ball Aerospace is powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus. We pioneer discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely.
At our core, we're passionate, committed people who believe together we can achieve extraordinary things. We work collaboratively with each other, our customers and partners to solve the world's greatest challenges. That means listening to one another, providing feedback and partnering across all levels. We value our inclusive culture where everyone is heard equally and creativity thrives. Each team member is fully invested in our mission and we bring an energy to work every day that propels our business and motivates us all to Go Beyond.®
For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter or Instagram .
The Security and Mission Assurance Strategic Capabilities Unit provides discriminating support to the business to ensure success. We focus on threat identification, risk assessment, and mitigation while improving the efficiency of the business through effective governance and analysis of process, data and overall business knowledge.
Visit https://vimeo.com/800980005/cf02cb0bc2 to learn more about our Mission Assurance Manager roles at Ball Aerospace!
Mission Assurance Manager III - Mission Assurance
In Security and Mission Assurance (SMA), we lead to protect our people, data and mission and we are looking for someone who carries those same values. SMA has an unwavering focus on mission success and strives to be a true mission partner. Will you be our next champion to help us go beyond with Ball?
You will be a key leader, partner, and essential member of the Civil Space SMA Leadership team. As a Mission Assurance Manager, you will be an SMA program assurance leader supporting Civil Space programs and new business.
This position will report to the Civil Space Business Assurance Manager. You will be supporting proposals and programs for the Civil Space portfolio, where we enable our customers to better understand our planet and universe by working as a mission partner to deliver science at any scale.
The phrase, "People, Data & Mission" embodies what Security & Mission Assurance delivers to the business, as we strive to be a true mission partner.
What You'll Do:
- Support strategic improvements in coordination with the Civil Space SMA Leadership team.
- Communicate and interface with Customer Mission Assurance leadership representatives.
- Spearhead execution of Mission Assurance requirement flow down, and verification and validation.
- Own the implementation of standard company processes for assigned pursuits/portfolio by development and execution of standard Mission Assurance Plan(s).
- Balance technical risks against cost and schedule constraints; defend them when needed.
- Manage time-phased budgets for Mission Assurance resources throughout the program lifecycle.
- Manage the SMA program team consisting of SMA discipline engineers and inspectors.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Capabilities Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 12 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Leadership skills to Inspire and Connect with team members, customers and subject matter experts to provide program Mission Assurance leadership and Achieve Mission Success preferred.
- Technical background to engage the MA team for in design, production/test readiness, and other reviews and audits with the ability to make risk-informed decisions preferred.
- Interpersonal skills to foster advisor relationships with Program Management, other program team leads, and on-site customers as required preferred.
- Presentation skills to formally present information and communicate effectively with Program Management, SCU Leadership and Customers preferred.
- Experience with scheduling, budgeting, and milestone monitoring as well as ability to adapt and rescope the work to-go.
On-Site Work Environment: This position requires regular in-person engagement by working on-site three or more days each normally scheduled week in the primary work location. Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
Relocation for this position is available.
Direct Program Charge: 95%
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $162,000 - $223,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- Job Grade: Aerospace S
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
Job Referral Fee: $3,000.00
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.