Lab Test Environment Support Engineer at DISH (Greater Denver Area, CO)
At DISH Wireless, we reimagine connectivity through new platforms, new business models and new ways of thinking.
Today, we are building America's first cloud-native 5G network to transform the way we live, work and play with unlimited potential. Our teams operate at the intersection of wireless, data analytics, AI and the cloud to create something state-of-the-art, radically original and truly unlike what anyone else can.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
What you will be doing
Working in the lab team installing, configuring and troubleshooting equipment used in the test environment for infrastructure and device testing. The successful candidate will provide expert knowledge facilitating testing of pre-GA products and SW to be deployed in virtualized O-RAN systems nation-wide. Will quickly analyze service and system issues, determine corrective actions to restore the testing lines. Will escalate complex issues to the lab manager and/or ISVs as needed. Will contribute to on-going process improvement reviews using Key Performance Indicator (KPI) metrics to eliminate errors, and increase lab uptime leading to an overall excellent end-user experience.
Day-to-day job responsibilities:
- Analyze test requirements and implement suitable infrastructure solutions
- Ensures solutions meet all criteria specified in the specific test plans outlined by internal and external clients.
- Provide SME support for lab testing teams to troubleshoot/resolve complex issues with installed RF and O-RAN test systems.
- Engages and escalates issues with vendors when equipment or SW isn't performing as expected.
- Coordinate and implement proposed changes and software upgrades with support from ISV and internal groups within Dish.
- Will maintain updated technical specifications of lab and external systems managed by the lab team.
- Works with technical writers to document lab processes for new configurations and MOPs.
- This position covers normal working hours with occasional evening and weekend work.
Skills, Experience and Requirements
The successful Senior Lab Test Environment Support Engineer will have:
- BS in Engineering or technical degree or an equivalent combination of highly related experience and education.
- 4+ years of experience in the wireless industry
- Extensive understanding and experience in 5G O-RAN split functions (7-2x, RU, DU, CUCP, CUUP) and 5G call flow architecture
- Extensive understanding and experience in O-RAN software architectures in a virtualized environment.
- Extensive understanding of RF Radio operations over eCPRI interfaces. Includes CSR, DU and timing configurations.
- Extensive understanding of software systems/services running virtualized ORAN functions.
- Understanding of end-to-end radio to core latency considerations and issues.
- Understanding and experience with virtualized networks, orchestration and automation across a large network architecture.
- Thorough understanding of RAN/ORAN architecture described in 3GPP standards (Rel 15 & 16).
- 4G/5G field testing experience ideally with Samsung and or Fujitsu radio equipment
- Working experience with configuration of wireless transport equipment
- Experience with RU HW acceptance testing and test equipment
- Ability to work independently on multiple high priority projects, and to manage multiple high-visibility, complex technical projects
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience using QXDM or XCAL during field testing is a distinct advantage
- CCNP certification and experience with network routers is an advantage
- Experience with Mavenir and/or Samsung RAN environments is a distinct advantage.
Compensation: $75,600.00/Year - $108,000.00/Year
Compensation and Benefits
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website .