Vice President Production
Bluprint’s mission is to empower people who can't help but create! Recently acquired by NBCUniversal and combining cutting-edge expertise in digital media, technology, content and ecommerce, Bluprint is on the verge of its next amazing growth story to become a world-renowned destination for maker’s lifestyle learning.
We are looking for a VP, Production to set the creative goals for Bluprint. This person will lead, build and inspire a world class production team to accomplish these goals. The VP Production will be responsible for leading the production of high volume premium digital content. They will bring strong editorial oversight and an understanding of complex production while being focused on creating compelling and high quality content. This person would be a motivational and visionary leader who would drive the team to create innovative new content and collaborate with the leadership team and broader organization to make sure this is aligned with Bluprint’s overall strategy.
Responsibilities for the Vice President, Production include, but are not limited to:
- Supervising and managing all aspects of physical production for series, classes, branded, marketing and social productions internally produced by Bluprint including production planning, crew staffing, scheduling, budgeting, facilities, insurance, production and post-production.
- Working closely with the creative teams, ensuring the best possible production process with all parties.
- Working closely with outside production companies engaged by Bluprint to produce content on the platform’s behalf.
- Supporting and elevating the creative goals for the production team by making appropriate production, financial and logistical recommendations.
- Working closely with the creative teams to successfully realize the vision of each show.
- Finding solutions to budgetary, scheduling and staffing challenges while always maintaining the creative integrity of the project.
- Providing oversight of both digital and linear finishing and delivery.
- Sourcing and cultivating outside partners in production (crew) and post (gfx, editorial, etc.)
- Vetting and approving final budgets and schedules prior to distributing to stakeholders.
- Facilitating necessary approvals, materials and information among various departments in coordination with producers and supervisor.
- Communicating effectively with Producers, Showrunners, Stakeholders, talent and talent agents in the execution of their duties as the studio’s representative.
- Researching and outsourcing for production needs (i.e. identifying third party production companies and crewing/post options).
- Continually monitoring all projects in production with regard to schedule, budgets, meeting updates, etc.
- Building a roster of Bluprint approved line producers and other below-the-line staff.
• Must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in television production
• Bachelor’s degree
• A strong understanding of the linear & digital platform production process and working familiarity with the various entertainment guilds and unions (including, without limitation, SAG-AFTRA, DGA, WGA and IATSE).
• Experience building and working as part of a cohesive team.
• Strong attention to detail, including ability to budget, schedule and lead teams.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to navigate a complex organization
• Flexibility and the ability to perform effectively under stress and meet deadlines.
• Have a problem-solving approach.
• Be highly self-motivated, well-organized and have a strong work ethic.
• Must be able to travel both domestically and internationally when required.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.