UX Writing Manager at Ibotta (Greater Denver Area, CO or Remote)
Ibotta is looking for a UX Writing Manager to join our innovative Product Design team and contribute to our mission to Make Every Purchase Rewarding. Product Design at Ibotta works cross-functionally to deliver exceptional experiences that help millions of shoppers save time and money.
As an experienced UX Writer, you’ll make the product experience great with simple, clear language and an authentic, human voice. You’ll collaborate with product designers, product managers, UX researchers, customer support, engineers, other writers, and stakeholders from every corner of the company to define the messaging of Ibotta’s mobile & web products, as well as our partners’ platforms.
As a manager, you’ll attract, develop, and retain great talent and set a high bar for writing quality. You’ll lead the UX Writing team in continuing to develop Ibotta’s design language that speaks directly to our shoppers by evolving human-centered practices, maintaining standards and guidelines, and growing content in our design system.
This position is located in Denver, Colorado or with the option of full-time remote. Candidates must live in the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency & Advocate for Savers.
- Shape the user experience by collaborating with designers, PMs, and other stakeholders on the product lifecycle from beginning to end: discovery, research, content strategy, writing/design, testing, iteration, development, etc.
- Write content for mobile and web, including headers, labels, buttons, instructional text, error messages, notifications, and in-product messaging.
- Utilize data and research insights to evaluate content effectiveness, identify areas of growth, and improve existing copy.
- Work with existing product writing guidelines, and collaborate with writers and designers to evolve content guidelines.
- Manage multiple projects throughout the product development process.
- Understand and empathize with users deeply, so you know what they need, when they need it, and how they need it communicated.
- Identify areas of opportunity for better writing and more effective communication, so users can move through Ibotta experiences seamlessly.
- Effectively communicate ideas and rationale with a broad set of stakeholders.
- Provide tools, demos, and tips to communicate the value of good content.
- Actively coach and mentor team members in their careers.
- Strong ability to provide clear writing direction and constructive feedback.
What we are looking for:
- 5-10 years writing experience and 1-3 years product writing experience.
- 2+ years of management experience, or 2+ years of proven leadership experience with the eagerness to take on more in the realm of team building.
- Experience writing for consumer-facing products or services.
- Exceptional writing skills with a portfolio showcasing your work.
- Experience in UX, product, marketing, or branding.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving environment and comfortable with ambiguity.
- A deep curiosity for understanding users and empathizing with their problems.
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target, and Uber, we’ve delivered over $750 million in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com.
- This position is located in Denver, CO or with the option of full-time remote and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity. Candidates must live in the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
- Base compensation range: $90,000-$125,000. This compensation range is specific to the state of Colorado's local labor market and may vary for employees living in other areas.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- If living in the United States, applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.