UX Content Strategist at Checkr
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
Checkr is seeking a Content Strategist to partner with Product Designers to work on features from conception to release—empathizing with the people who use your product. This is a product focused role, so you’ll have an opportunity to inform and influence key product and design decisions. You’ll also be able to build out the UX Content Strategy discipline throughout the company. This position works closely with product designers, product managers, engineers, and cross-functional partners to create consistent, clear, and actionable content that elevates our products and experiences, reflecting business requirements and supporting user needs.
Learn more about our team at design.checkr.com.
- Work collaboratively with Product Designers to pair on projects where you’ll own the content strategy, and other areas where you’ll advise and provide guidance in a less intensive capacity
- Identify high-impact opportunities where content can play a larger role in meeting our customer’s most important goals
- Involvement in the full product development process, from early research and concepts to final mocks and launch
- Conduct research to understand user needs and inform content solutions
- Balance short-term product design needs with vision into the future. Spend time exploring ideas on how we can improve the product over the long term
- Further incorporate our brand voice into our product suite
- Create educational content for our product that encourages more fair chance hiring
- Experience building clear, effective content to accomplish user and business goals
- A strong portfolio of relevant work with products that have shipped
- You have a deep understanding of best practices and contemporary content strategy
- You are a passionate champion for the user but also know how to mesh business considerations into your design & content goals
- Experience with data-informed design, user research, and A/B testing
- You are able to synthesize insights across customers to inform overall strategy
What you get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
*The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $84,000 - $99,000.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.