OrthoFi is a Denver-based startup that is revolutionizing the orthodontic industry with software solutions that give doctors the capability to start more patients and to offload time consuming front-office processes. Our patent-pending solution puts patients in control of their payment plans and makes costly treatments affordable to almost everyone. Founded by a dynamic combination of medical professionals, Wall Street veterans, and Fortune 500 executives, OrthoFi is revenue positive and poised to experience hyper-growth over the next five years. OrthoFi was recently named one of Denver’s fastest growing companies by the Denver Business Journal and ranked in Built in Colorado’s list of 2016 Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado.
In the OrthoFi community, members are valued for who they are, supported no matter where they are, and motivated to excel personally and professionally. People who join our community are self-starters and love a challenge! We’re looking for passion-driven, dynamic individuals that are excited about a fast-paced and fun environment. Our team enjoys the opportunity to impact people’s lives and help to create more smiles every day.
About the Role
The Training Specialist is responsible for developing training for both internal and external use. This position requires a strong communication, adaptability, and a passion for the learning experience. The Training Specialist will play a key role in the development of new trainings while owning the company Learning Management System (LMS).
The Training Specialist contributes to the development, editing, quality control, and production of e-learning content, and effectively administers the company’s LMS. Previous experience working inside, and building instructional programing within an LMS platform is required for this position. The Training Specialist will work in a highly collaborative environment, but will be required to work independently. The Training Specialist is responsible for creating, deploying and maintaining eLearning media including non-responsive and responsive online learning, simulations, scenario, audio, video, and additional media as needed.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the administration of a LMS. The Training Specialist helps design, streamline, deliver, and track training curricula within an LMS.
- Interface with internal teams to gather requirements for training content, developing a thorough understanding of the teams’ needs and documenting all findings
- Develop training content based on the requirements
- Responsible for loading, updating, and maintaining content within the LMS
- Facilitation of training sessions online or in person
- Create training materials for external audiences (customers) and train the trainer
- Bachelor's Degree preferred in the field of Instructional Design, Training, Education, Learning Management, Speech Communication, or related field
- 2-3 years minimum experience in learning design and development
- Enjoy working independently while collaborating with various teams including Trainers, Account Managers, HR, and Product & Development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a very fast-paced and dynamically changing environment
- Knowledge and application of testing and measurement theories
- Instructional design experience developing a variety of training materials used to present information to both large and small audiences is preferred
- Experience with adult learning theories, instructional design models, mobile learning, micro-learning, and role training methods and techniques
- Solid knowledge of and experience with learning management systems (LMS), course development software, and e-learning
- Nurturing and supportive culture
- Unlimited PTO
- On-site gym
- Company breakfast once a month
- Monthly team building activities
- Company and team outings
- Meditation sessions and wellness initiatives
- Peer-to-peer recognition program
- Casual dress atmosphere
- Snacks and coffee
This position will include a competitive salary and benefits, and may be eligible to earn stock options based on individual contribution and company performance. Compensation commensurate with experience.