Technical Writer at Greenhouse Software
We believe in the power of hiring. Because the potential for people to do something outstanding has everything to do with being in the right role, on the right team, at the right time. That’s where Greenhouse comes in – from recruiting to on-boarding, we make software to help every company be great at hiring.
We’re looking for a Technical Writer to join our Customer Success team at Greenhouse!
Our mission to help customers transform the way they hire starts with the product, and we strive to empower our customers to get the help and resources they need when they need it. The ability to self-serve through written documentation and training videos is a fundamental component of our customer education strategy and key to the success of our customers.
With product updates and new features and functionality shipping daily, this role will own our ‘how-to’ content and partner with our Product and Support teams to ensure our vast library of resources is high-quality, always up-to-date, and meets the needs of a multifaceted audience of end-users.Who will love this job
- A documentarian – you feel a little rush of joy when you write something that is both crystal clear and concise
- A problem solver – you take pride in finding and filling the gaps for any user-facing product guides
- A teacher – you’re able to break down complex topics into easy concepts that everyone can learn and understand
- A teammate – you love working with cross-functional teams and can balance multiple priorities from diverse groups
- A creative mind – you have an eye for design, understanding that a visual layout can make or break a concept
- Own the content process, assess the state of our existing content, improving and delivering the highest priority documents
- Partner with our product marketing teams and content teams to support new product feature launches
- Bridge the gap between documentation and our Customer Support teams, crafting proven customer-facing content that in turn improves the usability of our platform, and customer efficiency for our internal teams
- Prior technical writing experience
- Exceptional writing skills
- Comfort in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- The ability to simplify complex technical information for non-technical audiences
- The ability to quickly build knowledge around unfamiliar concepts
- Inquisitiveness; the ability to ask specific questions to learn more information
- Experience with the Greenhouse product, a plus
- Your own unique talents! If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role in your cover letter
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
The range provided is for Colorado-based hires only and will be commensurate with candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than CO may differ based on the cost of labor in that location. Pay range: $70,000 - $105,000
Who we are
At Greenhouse, we celebrate having a diverse group of hardworking employees – and it hasn’t gone unnoticed. In 2019, we were ranked #4 in Fortune’s Best Workplaces in New York and #5 in their Best Company Culture. We’ve also been recognized as a Best Company for Diversity by Comparably, and have been named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list. We pride ourselves on fostering a collaborative culture throughout every step of a Greenhouse employee's journey. From day one of our interview process to executive "Ask Me Anything" sessions, we consistently cultivate an inclusive environment.
For all our employees, we offer a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, disability coverage, employer paid life insurance, mental health resources, financial wellness benefits, and a fully paid parental leave program. For US-based employees, we offer flexible vacation, commuter benefits and a 401(k) plan, and for Dublin-based employees we offer 25 days' vacation and a pension plan.
Our success in making companies great at hiring depends on our ability to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. To that end, we’re committed to attracting, developing, retaining and promoting a diverse workforce, and infusing DE&I throughout all of our internal practices. By ensuring that every Greenie is able to bring a diversity of talents to our work, we’re increasingly capable of living out our mission and providing real insight from our products to support our customers. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Greenhouse, where we’re building a team to face the world’s increasingly complex and diverse hiring needs.
Want to learn more about our interviewing process? Check out our interviewing at Greenhouse page.
**Due to COVID-19, all Greenhouse employees are working remotely until further notice.**