Technical Writer at CircleCI
As a Technical Writer on our Customer Engineering team, you will work closely with our engineers, developer evangelists, product team, and others to deliver product documentation. This documentation will be used by tens of thousands of developers to help them succeed at delivering software through CircleCI.About Technical Writing at CircleCI
You will join our growing Documentation Team. You'll work with and be supported by customer engineering, platform engineering, and other teams to understand and communicate the capabilities of our continuous integration and deployment platform. This will help maximize the return on investment our customers get from our software! You will update documentation regularly, write new material as needed, solicit input from across the company, and be a primary point of contact for customer contributions to our open source documentation repository.What you'll do:
- Organize, edit, and contribute to our documentation site.
- Collaborate with our engineering and product teams to learn about changes and new features to identify any changes needed to keep the documentation up-to-date.
- Solicit and coordinate internal and external input sent as comments or as pull requests to the documentation repository.
- Work with our developer evangelism team to ensure a cohesive voice, coding style, and consistency of approach in our outward-facing technical writing.
- Demonstrable body of work communicating complex technical concepts in concise, well-organized writing.
- Broad understanding of software development tools and practices. You aren't necessarily an active engineer, but you have a feel for how different teams build software.
- Familiarity with the basics of git and GitHub pull requests.
- A desire to delve into a myriad of different tools, languages, and frameworks.
- You’ll need to be able to climb the learning curve on the core idioms of most major programming languages, frameworks, and various methods for deploying code into production environments.
- An understanding of enterprise business requirements and expectations or an eagerness to gain an understanding is also helpful!
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools - processing more than 1 million builds a day - CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital.
CircleCI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Colorado Salary Range: $89,000 - $104,500/yr
Level: Mid-Senior Level