Technical Writer at Granicus LLC
As a technical writer at Granicus, your contributions will help employees of federal, state and local governments learn to be successful with our industry leading suite of products. You will work closely with product owners and managers, software developers and other subject matter experts to understand the products and collect information to write and maintain documents for our end users. This role requires writer and editing experience, as well as strong verbal communication and organization skills.
What You'll Do:
- Write and update online user guides, how-to articles, release notes, and FAQs.
- Create and maintain screenshots, diagrams, and other visual materials.
- Edit and review other writers' work.
- Work closely with members of the Product team.
- Perform other documentation tasks as assigned.
Who You Are:
- Strong writing and editing skills with an attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and can pick up new concepts quickly.
- Able to write for multiple products.
- Thrive as a team member, but can work independently and manage your own schedule.
- Can describe advanced or technical concepts to a general audience.
- Experience using online support/CMS/content editing applications (e.g., Salesforce, Confluence, Robohelp, Madcap Flare, etc).
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Experience writing software documentation for a non-technical audience (User guides, technical specification guides, release notes, etc).
- Experience working as part of a Product team.
*starting rate may vary by experience and/or location