Wowza Media Systems, the global leader in live video streaming technology, is seeking a highly skilled Technical Writer. As a Technical Writer at Wowza, you will help our customers successfully deliver streaming video and audio to any device, anywhere, and you’ll empower a community of builders to create professional streaming solutions at scale.
What you would be doing
We are looking for a Technical Writer to help document our streaming server software and related products and APIs. You’ll be producing content for streaming professionals and platform developers who use Wowza products and technology to customize live streaming workflows. You’ll set up and use software from Wowza and third parties to plan, write, and curate technical content, including user guides, technical articles, UI text, API reference documentation, and code examples. You’ll work closely with other technical writers as well as the Wowza Product Management, Engineering, Support, and Marketing teams to build and maintain a robust library of content that enables our customers to use our products effectively and efficiently.
You’ll report to the Documentation Manager as a member of the Technical Documentation team. You’ll partner with cross-functional and geographically-dispersed professionals who are focused on creating, improving, and driving the adoption of Wowza Streaming Engine and other Wowza technologies. This role requires you to move nimbly between projects and thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple assignments of varying complexity.
You must be passionate about helping customers be successful in implementing their streaming goals and have an interest in video streaming technology. Your contributions will play a vital role in customer satisfaction.
Experience We'd Love for you to Have
- 2+ years producing technical documentation for commercially released software products.
- The ability to read and understand code, or better yet, experience writing code examples.
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS.
- Working with content management systems and source-code repositories; Git experience preferred.
- Familiarity with HTTP-based adaptive-bitrate streaming, CDN services, and OTT delivery; experience with Wowza products and services a plus.
- Using technical writing style guidelines and SEO best practices to help raise content usability and discoverability. Familiarity with the Microsoft Manual of Style and Chicago Manual of Style a plus.
- Working in iterative software development cycles that use agile methodologies and processes.
- Strong cross-group collaboration skills, with the ability to gather and incorporate business and technical requirements and feedback from multiple stakeholders into documentation.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter who can work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work remotely and/or with remote team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Communication, Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent experience.
The ideal candidate will work in our Golden, CO office, but we will also consider applications from candidates who can fill the position remotely.
Who We Are
Wowza Media Systems is a streaming software, cloud services, and hardware provider aimed at powering live streaming for today’s most innovative companies. We frequent Streaming Media’s list of Companies That Matter Most in Online Video and Readers’ Choice Awards, as well as Built in Colorado’s list of Best Medium Workplaces (with a 4.6 rating on Glassdoor).
Cofounders David Stubenvoll and Charlie Good first set out to create cool stuff with like-minded people in 2005. In the fourteen years that have followed, Wowza’s become the gold standard for streaming. One third of content delivery networks (CDNs) have Wowza’s technology built in and more that 24,000 organizations across the globe power their streaming with Wowza.
With adoption rates exploding, use cases proliferating, and video quality increasing, the streaming industry’s influence on everyday life continues to grow. And when it comes to live video, one thing rings true: If you can dream it, the experts at Wowza can help you build it.
Why Work for Wowza
Wowza’s global team is headquartered in the foothills of Colorado, with plenty of parking and where the deer, elk, and buffalo roam. Generous PTO and paid holidays, a healthy work-life-balance, and a 401K that vests immediately are among the many reasons we love working here.
The tight-knit crew benefits from a dog-friendly workplace, unlimited snacks, catered lunches, holiday parties, and more. Employees are encouraged to take ownership of their role with limited oversight — and coworkers are happy to help one another out.
Wowza’s team also works to connect the larger community with our passion for tech. From live-streaming graduation ceremonies for local high schools to participating in events like SheTech, employees are able to cultivate the same creative energy that first brought the company to life.
Wowza Media Systems is an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for all people to thrive in.