Technical Writer at GoSpotCheck
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:39 a.m. (MST) on Saturday, March 14, 2020
GoSpotCheck is a team of 130+ of the best and brightest minds in Denver who all share a common goal: to reimagine how the mobile workforce works.
200+ enterprise brands in 70 countries across 6 continents power their mobile workforces with GoSpotCheck. Our software helps teams perfect merchandising, increase sales, reduce labor and expenses, ensure safety and quality, and improve profitability from the field. We do this with dynamic surveys, digital photo capture, machine learning, artificial intelligence, advanced analytics, IoT and data integrations, Bluetooth thermometer integrations, and automated issue resolution with flexible workflows. We power cloud-based mobile and desktop solutions and provide fast implementations to deliver quick time to value. We currently serve the retail, fast moving consumer goods/consumer goods, restaurant, beer-wine-spirits, facilities, commercial real estate, and healthcare industries and equip their operations and sales teams with elegant, easy-to-use tools to do their jobs efficiently in the field.
Our customers have completed an incredible 500,000,000 business-building missions using our tools, and include market leaders like PepsiCo, Beam Suntory, Panera Bread, Danone, Under Armour and more.
What You'll Do
- You’ll work closely with a cross-functional product team on all technical writing requirements throughout the company, producing clear, accurate and valuable technical documentation for a wide range of uses and readers. You’ll learn our product inside and out to generate content that not only helps our customers realize success, but also enables GoSpotCheck to scale gracefully!
What We'll Achieve
- We’ll create the first round of key platform capabilities documents that explain a new R&D product to both external customers and internal teams.
- We’ll regularly release internal documentation and product release notes for all of our other core products to keep everyone in the loop of all updates.
- We will generate comprehensive documentation for GSC’s workflow definition configurations and continue to iterate on that documentation based on customer feedback. We’ll take a complex system and make it as simple as possible!
- We’ll lay the groundwork for GSC’s external Help Center articles on best practices for data definitions, workflows, analytics, and integrations of this R&D product.
- We’ll create a central database of documentation, including streamlined API documentation content and tooling.
Who You Are
- You have 2-4+ years experience in technical writing, with the majority of that experience documenting a B2B software product. Bonus points if you have exposure working with low code/no code software and the corresponding editing tools.
- You are proficient in MadCap Flare and/or other similar authoring tools.
- You can effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences and can easily context-switch depending on your audience.
- You are familiar with internal technical requirement documentation and can pivot that information into customer-facing materials.
- You conduct research and interviews to develop best practices for describing fundamental technical concepts.
- You are passionately curious and recognize the necessity of having a strong understanding of the functionality behind the features.
- You have experience working closely with subject-matter experts and development teams and are proactive in seeking the information you need.
- You love to write but also seek out other technologies or mediums to help you tell a more effective story (e.g., animations, screen shots, etc.).
- You understand that priorities can change quickly—particularly at high-growth companies—and are able to quickly prioritize your deliverables.
- No one is more detail oriented than you—you have been questioning the grammar and punctuation choices in this job description all along.
- You are a strong project manager with the ability to scope and deliver projects accurately.
- You are open to working collaboratively, as well as independently, and you’re always willing to teach and learn from your peers.
- You appreciate and align with our company values.
We are innovators: We believe in the power of human ingenuity and create technology to unleash it. We’re here to free mobile workers from the mundane and open up new worlds of possibility and prosperity, powered by the people.
We are leaders: We believe we’re only as successful as our customers. We’re here to help them reach their goals. We provide exceptional customer service, strategic recommendations, and personalized account management to ensure they’re successful.
We are problem-solvers: We believe business has a fundamental imperative to help solve the complex challenges facing our planet today. We built a company centered on helping them succeed so they can do just that.
GoSpotCheck offers competitive salaries and full benefits for full-time employees. We want to work with empathetic, smart, customer-obsessed, growth-minded, passionately curious professionals and “doers” who share our common values. We’re passionate about creating intuitive, beautiful, effective tools to power the mobile workforce around the world. We are honored to be BuiltIn Colorado's - #1 Midsize Company to Work For in Colorado 2019, category winner of the 2016 Denver Business Journal’s - Best Places to Work, 2017 Denver Post’s - Top Workplaces, and one of Outside Magazine’s 50 Best Places to Work in 2018. We take pride in doing great work, and truly love coming in to the office every day.
GoSpotCheck is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Read Full Job Description