Technical Writer II
LogRhythm, a Thoma Bravo company, empowers more than 4,000 customers across the globe to measurably mature their security operations program. LogRhythm’s award-winning NextGen SIEM Platform delivers comprehensive security analytics; user and entity behavior analytics (UEBA); network detection and response (NDR); and security orchestration, automation, and response (SOAR) within a single, integrated platform for rapid detection, response, and neutralization of threats. Built by security professionals for security professionals, LogRhythm enables security professionals at leading organizations like NASA, XcelEnergy, and Temple University to promote visibility for their cybersecurity program and reduce risk to their organization each and every day. LogRhythm is the only provider to earn the Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice for SIEM designation three years in a row.
Who we are looking for:
LogRhythm is seeking a Technical Writer to help our customers defend against cyber threats. You can make a difference every day as part of the Software Engineering organization of a recognized leader in the security intelligence domain. You will work in a Scaled Agile environment, surrounded by dozens of brilliant individuals who make up a world-class development team. You will collaborate with product managers, software engineers, QA engineers, customer care, and release managers to develop online help and release documentation that sets LogRhythm apart. You will ensure that new features and functionality are documented with quality and consistency, and you will work directly with product managers and the release management team to ensure that documentation is available for customers at the time of release.
Here’s an overview of the responsibilities & challenges ahead:
- Assist with delivery of high-quality, on-time documentation including user guides, administrator guides, installation guides, and release notes.
- Create documentation features/user stories that will ensure all new features and functionality are captured in the appropriate release.
- Prioritize assignments to support overlapping releases of complex, enterprise-level software products.
- Translate complex concepts into easily understandable and audience appropriate language.
- Work independently and with cross-functional teams to research subject matter and exchange information.
- Analyze existing documentation for user impacts and update accordingly.
- Perform peer reviews for quality, usability, and adherence to established styles.
- Represent Technical Publications in planning and review meetings.
- Maintain documentation schedules in a Scaled Agile environment.
- Work with team members to update and promote the use of established style guidelines.
- An undergraduate degree in professional writing, technical writing, or a related field.
- At least three years of technical writing or related experience.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language, including the rules of composition and grammar.
- Demonstrable skills in customer service, analysis, research, and problem solving.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, with a high attention to detail.
- Highly motivated, self-managed, and personally driven to produce quality work.
- Experience with enterprise software is preferred.
Salary and Other Compensation:
- The starting annual salary for this position is between $70,000 - $80,000 depending on experience and other qualifications.
LogRhythm offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements;
- 401k plan with company match
- Flexible time off
- Employee assistance program
- Employees are eligible to receive incentive units
- Created:/ Revised Date: - 12th March 2021
- Reporting to: - Sr. Manager, Software Engineering
- Location: - Boulder, Colorado (will consider US remote working)
- Employment Status: - Full Time
- FLSA/ Applicable State Law Status- Except
Workplace equality & inclusion are not just words or topics for LogRhythm, they are part of our core values, beliefs, and integral to our company culture. We hire the best of the best and do not discriminate based on race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or other personal factors. LogRhythm was built on the principals of innovation, dedication, creativity, and commitment. It is through these key areas we were able to grow as an equal and inclusive workplace, one where our employees feel respected and safe in.
Disclaimer: The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. The company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.