Technical Writer II at Vertafore
We are looking for an inquisitive and energetic Technical Writer to help users solve problems and adopt our software. As a member of the Documentation & Product Launch team, you will partner with teams across the company to support software releases by writing excellent release notes and optimizing content to improve the user experience.
The Technical Writer will be a key contributor in creating and improving user-facing documentation for both providers and consumers across multiple products. You will execute against the team's content strategy, have the freedom to develop your content set, and work with a talented team of writers to share best practices and define team standards.
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
· Collaborate with product teams to support software launches, preparing stellar release notes to coincide with the launch
· Develop and edit exceptional text using industry standards and company style guides
· Effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously, triaging and prioritizing with autonomy
· Dig deep into our products to understand user workflows and processes, ensuring content is relevant, compelling, and actionable
· Work with other Technical Writers and stakeholders across the company to develop and implement content strategies that best serve users of Vertafore products
· Benchmark Vertafore's content against similar offerings in the software industry, staying on top of the latest technical writing trends and implementing best practices to improve the user experience
· Analyze business metrics and content interaction data to critically assess content, and make informed content optimization decisions using those data points
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
· 1+ years of experience in technical writing with a focus on platforms, software, and workflow applications (preferred)
· Experience managing cross-functional projects in a matrixed environment
· Ability to manage multiple timelines and deadlines
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
· Familiarity with content tagging strategies, SEO optimization, and information taxonomy
· Intermediate HTML and/or XML skills
· Experience creating and maintaining short-form video content
· Experience working in an agile software development environment
· Astounding written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent customer service skills
· Innovative problem-solving skills
· Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work effectively with multiple teams
· Experience with the following is preferred:
o Insurance industry business practices and terminology
o Madcap Flare
o Microsoft Visual Studio
o Adobe Acrobat
o Google Analytics
o TechSmith Camtasia
Additional Requirements and Details:
Travel required up to 10% of the time.
· Ability to work remotely with a stable internet connection on an as-needed basis
· Located and working from an office location (when required)*
· Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
· Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
· Frequent sitting and/or standing.
*Our offices are currently closed due to COVID-19 and are scheduled to re-open mid 2021.