Technical Writer II at Vertafore
We are looking for an inquisitive, energetic, user experience-savvy Technical Writer to help users solve problems and adopt our software. As a member of the Documentation team, you will partner with teams across the company to support software releases and optimize content to improve the user experience.
The Technical Writer will be a key contributor in creating and improving user-facing documentation for both providers and consumers across multiple products. You'll execute against the team's content strategy, have the freedom to experiment within your content set, and work with a talented team of writers to share best practices and define team standards.
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
Develop and edit exceptional text using industry standards and company style guides
Effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously, triaging and prioritizing with autonomy
Dig deep into our products in order to understand user workflows and processes, ensuring content is relevant, compelling, and actionable
Collaborate with partner teams to support software releases, preparing stellar support documentation to coincide with the release
Work with other Technical Writers and stakeholders across the company to develop and implement content strategies that best serve users of Vertafore products
Benchmark Vertafore's content against similar offerings in the software industry, staying on top of the latest technical writing trends and implementing best practices to improve the user experience
Analyze business metrics and content interaction data to critically assess content, and make informed content optimization decisions using those data points
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in technical writing with a focus on platforms, software, and workflow applications (preferred)
- Experience managing cross-functional projects in a matrixed environment
- Ability to manage multiple timelines and deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Familiarity with content tagging strategies, SEO optimization, and information taxonomy
- Intermediate HTML and/or XML skills
- Experience creating and maintaining short-form video content
- Experience working in an agile software development environment
- Astounding written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Innovative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work effectively with multiple teams
Experience with the following is preferred:
- Insurance industry business practices and terminology
- Madcap Flare
- TechSmith Camtasia
- TechSmith Snagit
- Google Analytics
Additional Requirements and Details:
- Travel required up to 10% of the time.
- Located and working from an office location.
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
- Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
- Frequent sitting and/or standing.
*Our offices are currently closed due to COVID-19.