Technical Writer I at FIS
Position Type :Full time
Type Of Hire :Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :Bachelor's Degree
Travel Percentage :0%
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
The Technical Communications team is a group of detail-oriented people who enjoy making complex things simple for end users. We are naturally curious and friendly people who know how to ask the right questions to get the answers we need. We like working in a team but are also self-directed and can complete tasks autonomously from start to finish once we have the information we need.
What you will be doing
As the Technical Communications team, we have many responsibilities and contribute to the Managed Services business in the following key areas by:
- Creating customized documentation for CL and PMCS clients
- Creating reference guides for CL and PMCS clients
- Managing knowledge-sharing sites such as Confluence, SharePoint, and MS Stream
- Facilitating organization-wide communications related to Managed Services
- Assisting internal teams with templates, editing, formatting, and more
You will be responsible for working with internal Subject Matter Experts to create customized and generic client-facing documentation for our Managed Services clients. You will also be responsible for contributing to and facilitating internal communications within Managed Services by hosting monthly calls, contributing to announcements, newsletters and more. Our team also helps other internal teams with creating and using templates, formatting and editing documents to ensure they align with FIS branding and style. Additionally, you will be responsible for managing our knowledge-sharing sites like SharePoint, Confluence, MS Stream and more.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Typically requires up to three years of experience in technical/business writing.
- Requires effective planning, scheduling, researching and writing skills
- Thorough knowledge of information mapping concepts
- Skill in investigation and analysis, preparing written material and business communication and training
- Proficient with the following software: Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio); Adobe (Acrobat Professional, Robohelp) Gira & SharePoint
- Skill in evaluating documentation, production and quality control and publishing system operation
- Skill in understanding and focusing on client needs, establishing credibility and building relationships with clients
- Skill in editing writing for punctuation, syntax and grammar
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, clients and public
What we offer you
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
- Great work spaces with dedicated and motivated colleagues
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.