Technical Writer I
We’re proud to be one of Built In Colorado’s top digital tech companies. At FWI, our culture is important to us. We are a diverse team of talented, passionate people who want to make a difference, but don’t take ourselves too seriously. If our core values speak to you, we want to meet you:
- Bring your best self
- See it
- Own it
- Crush it
- Be Gracious
We are looking for a Technical Writer to work with the Product team. This position will be responsible for providing end-user-facing product documentation, including online help, and to a lesser extent engineering software developer-facing documentation.
The compensation package will be aligned to each candidate’s experience and qualifications. All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Write online technical documentation for entire suite of FWI product offerings
- Write accurate, succinct and helpful detailed information and instructions for both internal and external FWI audiences.
- Augment written descriptions with supporting graphics, tables and network diagrams.
- Work directly with Product Management, IT/DevOps, Security and Technical Development resources to gather information to be captured.
- Build Technical Specification documents, White Papers, User Guides, Training Documents
- Clean up existing documents
Requirements for Success:
- Excellent technical writing skills, ability to translate complex topics into language understood by a broad audience with a wide range of technical understanding
- Experience learning and documenting software features.
- Mid-level understanding of software fundamentals and tools, including SQL and Relational Database Management Systems, Web Services, XML, Operating Systems, Network security and Video encoding
- Ability to present technical information to a non-technical audience
- Must be able to communicate effectively with internal technical organizations.
Helpful for Success:
- Bachelor's degree in Technical Communications, Technical Writing, Journalism, Information Technology or related field
- 2-4 years’ experience in similar field
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status