Technical Writer / Copy Editor — Product Documentation & User Guides
Technical Writer / Copy Editor - Product Documentation & User Guides
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Boulder, CO
RingCentral, Inc., a leading provider of Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS), fosters a dynamic, success-driven, and team-oriented environment committed to delivering simple and delightful products for our customers. We are looking for a candidate with an entrepreneurial spark and a passion for redefining how people communicate.
RingCentral is one of the fastest growing SaaS companies in the world, and is hands down the largest and fastest growing company in pure cloud business communication and collaboration space. We are committed to innovation, and we continuously out-innovate the competition. Our award winning products are recognized leaders by Gartner and other prominent analysts. Communication is at the heart of every business, and our products enable people to do the work they want on the channel of their choice whether it's voice, video, text or chat while eliminating the complexity and unnecessary expense of managing business communications. We are relentlessly focused on user experience.
RingCentral fosters career development and provides leadership training, education, workshops, and coaching for all employees. We promote a healthy work-life balance by providing catered lunch and breakfast on a daily basis as well as a kitchen stocked with a variety of complimentary beverages and delicious snacks.
We're looking for a standout Technical Writer and/or Copy Editor to join our team working on world-class product documentation and customer-facing user guides. If you're a passionate and motivated writer or copy editor (or both!), we'd love to hear from you.
In this position, you'll be joining the RingCentral Product & Engineering team in our Boulder, CO office. Here you'll work with information architects, technical writers, product managers, engineers, support staff, product experts, and various company stakeholders to help contribute to the contact center product line's growing knowledge base.
You'll be responsible for technical writing, copy editing, content management, and general oversight of the quality of the work you touch. The output will be visible to both internal and external users and is ultimately critical to the continued success and competitiveness of our product offering.
You should be self-motivated, organized, thoughtful, detail-oriented, and passionate about learning new and emerging technologies. You must be skilled in copy editing and content editing. This position will require you to review and edit documentation with an eye for maintaining company guidelines as well as product style, tone, and branding.
- Copy editing documentation
- Content editing to best of knowledge, working directly with PMs / SMEs
- Rewriting documentation as needed
- Fact-checking to ensure names, dates, settings information, screenshot depictions, etc. are all correctly represented
- Gaining in-depth familiarity with platform workings (all products)
- Approving content at the platform level, ensuring company guidelines are met for style, tone, branding, etc.
- Verifying content (fact-checking)
- Managing editorial calendar at the platform level, including scheduling and deadlines
- Contributing to documentation management plan and overall content strategy
- Serving as a resource to Product Documentation Manager(s) and Editor(s)
- Creating content (technical writing and media/asset creation)
- Identifying ways to improve structure and flow of content
- Acting as final stamp of approval on published documentation
- Participating in meetings as needed to share editorial expertise
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Leadership skills to effectively manage a team of writers and editors
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Time management skills with the capability to meet deadlines and effectively prioritize
- Keen attention to detail
- Experience with Google Suite and other publishing tools
- 1+ years of proven working experience in an editor role
- 2+ years of college in one of the following or related fields: journalism, communication, marketing
- Examples of previous written work
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a global provider of cloud unified communications and collaboration solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premise systems, RingCentral empowers today's mobile and distributed workforces to be connected anywhere and on any device through voice, video, team messaging, collaboration, SMS, conferencing, online meetings, contact center, and fax. RingCentral provides an open platform that integrates with today's leading business apps while giving customers the flexibility to customize their own workflows. RingCentral is a leader in the 2016 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications as a Service Worldwide for the second consecutive year. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, Calif.
RingCentral is an EEO/AA employer.