Technical Writer - Contractor at GHX
Reporting to Manager, Product Education, the Technical Writer is responsible for writing implementation and technical integration documents for a SaaS company in the healthcare industry. The Technical Writer interviews subject matter experts to develop and update materials. The Technical Writer will work closely with product managers, system developers, quality assurance engineers, implementation consultants and integration engineers to understand and create deliverables.
Please note this is a part-time, contract position. Hours per week: 20-30. Duration of contract: up to 1 year.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct need analysis with internal stakeholders to identify teams’ needs
- Plan, develop, organize, write, and edit operational manuals, including technical implementation and system integration guides
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline, or combination of education and equivalent work experience, and 3 – 5 years related experience
- Excellent interviewing skills
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills
- Proven experience working in a technical writing position
- Ability to quickly synthesize new technology and present it in a simple, meaningful manner
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Proficiency and knowledge of working with various types of systems and system interfaces
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Able to work in a team environment with all levels of personnel
- Proficient in standard Windows-based applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio)
- Proficient in screen-capture technology (ex. SnagIt, Snipping Tool)
- Experience with collaboration software Confluence by Atlassian
- E-commerce or Web-based application experience
- Healthcare industry, supply chain or purchasing experience preferred, but not required
GHX provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. GHX complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
GHX expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.