(up to 20-hours/week)
Pay Rate: Based on experience
Mersive is a rapidly growing software company in downtown Denver that offers an award-winning wireless collaboration product suite that is transforming how organizations work and learn. We’re seeking a candidate to fulfill the part-time Technical Writer role on our fast-paced Marketing team. This person will report to the Product Marketing Manager and will be responsible for executing a range of technical writing projects across product development, marketing, and sales enablement.
We are looking for a Technical Writer with demonstrated experience writing comprehensive product documentation to help scale our documentation initiatives in support of a growing portfolio of products and features. This role requires a confident, self-directed worker who can learn quickly, work productively, and collaborate well within marketing and cross-functionally.
Who we are:
Headquartered in Denver, Mersive Technologies is well-known as a market disruptor in the collaboration software space that has had 3 straight years of profitable operations and double-digit sales growth. This combination of innovation, rapid growth, and profitability make us a unique technology company. Our wireless collaboration products make the world’s meetings better by a more productive and engaging experience. Among our customers are over 30 Fortune 100 companies and Ivy League universities who use Mersive Solstice to make their workplace meaningful, connected and more enjoyable for everyone. Since launching Solstice in 2014 it has been deployed in over 100,000 meeting spaces through our worldwide sales and integrator partner network.
But who are we? We are a diverse team of over 150 dedicated people who genuinely care about our work, customers and each other. We promote a culture of innovation, trust and accountability. We value transparency, intellectual honesty, hard work and community. Mersive is growing quickly, and we are looking for folks who like a challenge and aren’t afraid to break new ground in either technology or business models.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Produce documentation for software releases such as writing release notes, documentation updates, and updating admin and end-user guides
- Work with product managers, product marketing managers, and other technical stakeholders to define documentation needs
- Gather technical information needed to produce comprehensive documentation from product managers, JIRA work items, and subject matter experts
- Work with single-source authoring tool to compile, test, and publish multiple outputs (HTML5, PDF)
- Assist with the creation of technical sales enablement materials such as spec sheets or third-party integration documentation
- Ensure Mersive’s standards for quality, accuracy, and brand alignment are met in all writing
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Technical Writing, or another related field of study
- Minimum 2+ years relevant work experience in product documentation for software or technology companies
- Experience with MadCap Flare or similar single-source authoring tool such as Adobe RoboHelp required
- Experience with HTML and CSS and ability to troubleshoot documentation source code
- Ability to make technical concepts clear and easy to understand
- Must be a culture fit across the following criteria:
- High integrity and intellectual honesty
- Fast-learner and self-directed in ambiguous situations
- Collaborative and team-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong work ethic / excellent time-management skills
- Organized with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work during business hours strongly preferred
- Experience with Jira, Asana, or other project tracking software
- Experience with document design and formatting a plus
- Competitive compensation and benefits program
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture of collaboration, integrity, authenticity and innovation.
- High growth and endless opportunity