Technical Documentation - Team Lead at RingCentral
RingCentral is the market leader in integrated communications products with telephone, video conferencing, messaging, and contact center software. Our products power mission-critical systems for businesses large and small, require enormous flexibility to support any business need or workflow, and require an exemplary user experience, starting from customer onboarding through to full implementation.
We’re looking for a standout documentation team lead with a background in technical writing to join our team working on world-class post-sales self-service content. If you’re a passionate, curious, and motivated leader, we’d love to hear from you.
In this position, you’ll be joining the RingCentral Global Self-Service team in the Denver office. There, you’ll work with information architects, technical writers, product managers, engineers, support staff, product experts, and various company stakeholders to help contribute to our growing body of technical documentation.
You’ll be supporting the Manager and team leads in the day-to-day responsibilities of keeping the documentation team running smoothly. The documentation team consists of technical writers and editors, content designers, team leads, and CMS and SEO managers. Currently, the team is in the process of more than doubling in size, with multiple team members located in diverse locations (both overseas and stateside).
Your responsibilities will include technical writing and editing, assisting with project planning and implementation, business and product research and analysis, and the creation, maintenance, and optimization of team processes. You should be self-motivated, organized, thoughtful, detail-oriented, and passionate about learning new and emerging technologies. Technical writing, copy editing, content editing, and project planning are necessary skills for this role, and you should be skilled at creative problem-solving and interacting with SMEs, product experts, and internal staff across different teams.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Creates and manages team internal processes and best practices for the team
- Manages writing/editorial/translation calendars and task blueprints, creating, adjusting, and assigning as needed
- Facilitates productivity amongst all team members, assisting with roadblock and troubleshooting
- Monitors and communicates project and milestone statuses and timelines of all team members to Manager and external teams as needed
- Assists with gathering business requirements and conducting research on products and initiatives as needed, presenting findings and recommendations to Manager and Content Strategist
- Provides recommendations for documentation and process optimization and implements strategies as directed by Manager
- Liaises with other teams/departments to gather content requirements and implement large-scale strategic content initiatives
- Communicates with end-users, from internal staff to external customers, to gain information on the user experience
- Conducts copy and content editing as needed
- Writes documentation as needed
- May represent Documentation Manager in meetings when needed
- Create and manage team onboarding processes and best practices
- Manages onboarding schedule of new team members
- Manage content and project tracking spreadsheets, delivering information to product teams, Manager, and Content Strategist as needed
- Assists Manager and Content Strategist in defining, scoping, and building all content-related projects as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to convey important information clearly and effectively
- Working knowledge of Jira and Wrike
- Strong leadership and initiative
- Excellent delegator and mediator
- Quick decision-making and problem-solving abilities
- Responsible, goal-oriented and organized
- Strong attention to detail and able to multitask
- Confident, proactive, and willing to take on workplace challenges
- Great listening skills and ability to take direction
- Able to motivate others
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills
- Strong technical writing skills
- Excellent time management skills with the capability to meet deadlines and effectively prioritize
- Project management experience a strong plus
- Experience in strategic planning, risk management, and/or change management
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to create and analyze reports, spreadsheets, and metrics
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities
- Conflict resolution experience
- Ability to adapt and/or flex as needs change
Say hello to the future of work. And the end of the resume black hole.
We didn’t create Glip specifically for hiring, but we might as well have. No more wondering if your resume was jettisoned into the vast emptiness of space. Sign up for Glip (it’s free, no downloads,) and discover how smooth, informative and great the hiring process can be. So start meeting on www.Glip.com — and we look forward to connecting soon.
RingCentral is the worldwide leader in cloud-based communications. Our software communications platform delivers phone, group chat, mobile communications, video calls, videoconference, contact center and AI-driven digital engagement. It’s a powerful, global presence that allows businesses to communicate anywhere, anytime with anyone.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that truly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are hired in Colorado, the compensation range for this position is between $78,000 and $86,000 for full-time employees, in addition to eligibility for equity, and benefits. Benefits may include, but are not limited to, health and wellness, 401k, ESPP, vacation, parental leave, and more! The salary may vary depending on your location, skills, and experience.