About the Job
IllFonic is seeking a Technical Animator to join our team on our next great title for PC and consoles.
This job requires a technically minded individual that is adept at establishing animation-centric pipelines. As a Technical Animator, you will work with Engineers and the Animation Lead and create refined rigs, animations, and physics-driven components. Applicants must have good communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work collaboratively with multiple tasks in a collaborative development environment.
- Work with the Animation lead to develop animation systems and rigs that support the proposed artistic and design goals.
- When necessary, create animations for cinematics and gameplay.
- Keep up to date with animation systems contained within UE4
- Setup character graphs and work with engineering to achieve feature rich player experiences.
- Using both keyframe and motion capture animation, create believable animations that are both artistically sound and compliment design functions
- Work with the art team to ensure correct mesh topology is achieved.
- Communicate efficiently, take notes when necessary, and work well under tight deadlines
- Work with programmers, artists, designers, and the animation team to improve the production pipeline to enhance the cohesion of the studios and its process
- Work with production to communicate updates, and make them aware of any unknowns that may have an impact on established schedules
- A portfolio showing a solid grasp on rigging and setting up animation systems
- The ability to create realistic, stylised, and mechanical animations (such as weapons)
- An understanding of human anatomy and how it pertains to animation principles and systems
- Expert knowledge of current 3D software (Maya and MotionBuilder)
- Task Driven, self-motivated, and proactive
- 4+ years of professional experience
- Passion for playing and creating games
- Self-driven with strong communication skills
- Proven experience working closely with many other disciplines as well as being a team player