Strength and Nutrition Editor at Pocket Outdoor Media
Pocket Outdoor Media is looking for a passionate, ambitious, and detailed self-starter to join our editorial team as a full-time Strength and Nutrition Editor. The ideal candidate has excellent writing, editing, and multimedia skills, is incredibly detailed oriented and organized, and has a fun voice that can speak to our millions of readers across platforms. The Strength and Nutrition Editor will be responsible for creating and editing content across platforms (digital, social, video, print) and brands (Triathlete, VeloNews, Women’s Running, PodiumRunner) and will report directly to the Editorial Director – POM Projects.
This position is full-time from POM’s office in Boulder, Colorado.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Plan annual, monthly, and weekly editorial calendars for innovative, smart, fun nutrition and strength content across all platforms (digital, social, possibly print) and brands; this includes ideating sponsored content and other advertiser-driven opportunities across platforms as needed.
- Research, report, and create content as well as assign and edit content from freelancers to be published across brand websites, social, and digital platforms. (Exact publishing frequency to be determined and could shift with evolving editorial strategy.) This includes written articles, video, audio, and photo-driven content, as well as the ability to work with illustrators.
- Liaise with EICs across brands to determine audience needs and ideate the proper content and delivery methods to meet those needs.
- Support the team with content creation during special events and races, working quickly and diligently in real time; attend and report from events on behalf of POM brands as needed.
What You’ll Need to Succeed in this Role:
- 3+ years of experience in journalism and digital media.
- A healthy obsession with social, digital, and print media, and ideally a passion for one or more of the endurance sports we cover.
- Basic video and audio editing and shooting skills.
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment; ability to work both independently and well with teammates both in-office and remote.
- Healthy connections with experts and influencers in the strength and nutrition spaces.
- Exhibit ease and professionalism when interacting with industry influencers and professional athletes.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills; ability to demonstrate troubleshooting techniques and problem-solve with minimal direction