StorageGRID Tech Writer at NetApp
NetApp is growing the StorageGRID team! StorageGRID is an industry-leading object storage solution designed to help our customers master the exponential growth in big data. This is your chance to work with a talented team on cutting-edge cloud storage software.
As a member of the technical writing team, you’ll work in a fast-paced Agile environment to develop documentation for StorageGRID hardware and software products. You’ll write instructions for installing, configuring, and maintaining a StorageGRID system, explain new technical features, and review and contribute to UI and API text strings. You’ll work with software developers, QA, and product management to ensure your content is complete and correct, and with other writers to make sure that it’s clear, consistent, and effective.
You’ll need to bring your curiosity, your passion for clarity, and your top writing game to this role. The technical content can be challenging. But the rewards are great: the whole team is positive and collaborative, and the developers really value your contribution to the product.
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and technical aptitude. Interviewing skills.
- Attentive to detail and concerned with quality and accuracy.
- Organized and motivated. Able to produce high quality results on time and with little direct supervision.
- Previous experience writing for a technical audience, including system administrators and software developers.
- Ability to work with remote team members in locations across North America, using phone, email, web conferencing, and messaging.
- Proven ability to explain and simplify technical concepts using text and graphics. Writing samples required.
- Familiar with XML or HTML, topic-based/structured authoring, content management systems, and single-sourcing.
- Familiar with Agile processes, and development tools such as JIRA and Bitbucket.
- Experienced with XMetaL or Oxygen.
Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.