Inboxlab is a leading digital publisher that harnesses the power of email as an ideal way to deliver exceptional editorial experiences to millions of readers every day. We grew out of the creativity and passion of our founder, Nicholas Pardon, a pioneer in email innovation. We started with a keen eye for what people want to receive in their inbox, and then we built proprietary technology that helps forge sustainable connections with target audiences. With this creative and technology platform, we have successfully launched a portfolio of brands that engage our readers’ curiosity and their desire to always be learning.
Recognized as a Top 50 Startup to Watch in 2019 by Built In Colorado, Inboxlab is proud to be based in Denver and New York City and quickly adding to its team of go-getters and entrepreneurs.
Inboxlab presently focuses on two verticals: travel and gamified education (edutainment). Our mission-based flagship travel brand, The Discoverer, reaches 3,000,000+ subscribers with its weekly editions and our Inbox Edutainment network currently serves 50,000,000+ trivia and quiz plays per month.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As we continue to scale, we continuously strive to build a pipeline of top talent — in this case, editorial talent. We encourage you to submit your application for future consideration. Inboxlab’s Staff Editor works on all creative and production aspects of publishing, collaborating with both on-staff teammates and freelancers. This role ensures that all content that we put in front of our audience is polished, distinctive, and authoritative, and translates to increased brand awareness, user engagement and audience growth.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Assign, review and edit written and visual content — articles, guides, trivia questions, quizzes and more — across multiple brands
- Manage operations for content creation, including relationship management with freelancers
- Pitch and brainstorm new franchises, stand-alone pieces, gamefied content and brand expansion ideas
- Ensure that a consistent voice is developed and implemented consistently across brands
- Research, develop and implement strategies to drive more engagement on content across brands
- A/B test written and visual content to optimize click-thru, open ratesImplement SEO content strategies to help drive organic traffic
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BRING
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- Superior copy-editing, line-editing and top-editing skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in writing, communications, marketing, or other related fields
- 2+ years experience managing a team and/or freelancers
- Proficient knowledge of email marketing
- Interest in travel, trivia (and more topics/brands as we evolve)
- Intermediate design knowledge and familiarity with Photoshop
- Intuitive understanding of social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube
- Keen awareness for what makes content viral (images for social, article titles, etc...)
- Experience with Wordpress and/or Ghost
- Ability to tackle assignments with acute attention to detail and ability to avoid any errors or typos
- Ability to stay organized and tackle multiple tasks at a time
At Inboxlab we aim to provide equal opportunity for all! We are firm believers in the strength of diversity and aim to build teams of individuals that offer unique perspectives, come from different backgrounds and challenge each other to be better every day!