Sr. Technical Writer, Denver, CO
IntelePeer powers the new customer experience. Our Atmosphere® CPaaS enables companies to communicate better – driving more revenue, improving their customer experience, and making better business decisions – leveraging omni-channel Automation & Self-Service, AI, and Analytics, all delivered through a single easy-to-use cloud platform that works seamlessly with existing business solutions.
We’re looking for a Sr. Technical Writer to help ensure our customers are able to effectively use and understand our product offerings. You’ll produce high-quality documentation for both technical and non-technical audiences that helps users get the most out of our products. You’ll work closely with Product Marketing, Product Management, and Development to gather relevant information to create and update user guides, API reference guides, release notes, videos, and more.
The ideal candidate will have proven technical writing experience for enterprise software companies. You’re a pro at making complex ideas, concepts, and tasks understandable to diverse audiences. You’re able to become an expert on how our products work and propose new ways to provide users with information on product capabilities. You can manage multiple projects and ensure timely completion of deliverables.
We provide a fast-paced, innovative, and casual environment designed to broaden a candidate’s professional experiences while promoting self-confidence, accomplishment, and career development.
REPORTS TO: Director, Product Marketing
- Create, design, organize, and maintain technical documentation for developer and end user audiences such as how to/quick start guides, release notes, REST API and SDK documentation, and use cases.
- Develop communications cadence with other teams to ensure timely content creation, and to validate documentation for accuracy, clarity, consistency, and overall quality.
- Propose and implement innovative methods to enhance user learning experience.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Software industry knowledge preferred
Expertise & Experience:
- Must have at least 5-7 years’ experience with creating end user technical and training documentation for software companies
- Strong understanding of cloud-based technology and how it works
- A broad understanding of programming languages and the ability to read and write code samples in at least one language
- Strong writing and editorial skills
- Experience with MadCap software (or other desktop and cloud publishing tools) required
- Experience with structured content, XML, HTML, Markdown
- Demonstrated project management skills and program management experience
- Team player
- Strong written and communication skills
- Ability to understand complex technical concepts and clearly communicate them via documentation
- Desire and ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Detail oriented, able to multi-task and work under strict and changing deadlines
- Prioritizes and drives short term, long term and immediate needs
- Proficient with MadCap software
- Proficient with MS Office, Webex Teams (or other internal collaboration software,) JIRA, Confluence, Camtasia (or other video creation software), and Microsoft OneDrive
- Assertive—completely comfortable asking questions and requesting information
- Effectively interacts with a wide range of personality types and working styles
- Works well independently with minimal supervision