Sr. Technical Writer
The Senior Technical Writer on the Alteryx team is responsible for producing and delivering documentation such as in-product help pages, release notes, sample and tutorial instructions, stand-alone guides, and internal reference documentation.
Our team is laser focused on delivering the highest value content to our customers. We're a highly innovative and collaborative group that embraces content challenges and we aren't afraid to experiment with new technologies and content types. We also drive cross-functional alignment to create multiple types of end-user content. The Senior Technical Writer that joins our team will be responsible for recommending and creating content for a high-visibility initiative that includes working with stakeholders in multiple timezones. This writer will be collaborating with other stakeholders in creating scalable, repeatable processes that will drive our content strategy in 2019 and beyond.
A Senior Technical Writer works with associates throughout the organization to understand the content and assimilates feedback to communicate highly technical information in a concise and easy-to-understand manner. Additionally, a Senior Technical Writer proactively develops ways to improve the effectiveness of the team’s work and fosters the development of other Technical Writers.
- Produces online help and other Alteryx documentation. Also works on strategic content projects outside of normal development feature work.
- Develops rich media content to complement text.
- Deep expertise in key strategic areas.
- Active collaboration with Marketing/Dev/UX/Training.
- Proactively works with UX designers to improve the in-product user experience.
- Talks directly to customers to understand their learning and documentation needs.
- Advocates to teams and informs templates/standards.
- Participates in team agile ceremonies.
- Thoughtful guidance of other writers and encouragement.
- Informs the Localization strategy by evaluating and improving the processes
- Structures work to take on more strategic initiatives in addition to normal development features and stories.
- Active, positive influence across the team and multiple cross functional teams.
- Develops effective and understanding relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Journalism, or similar.
- 5+ years relevant work experience in the areas of technical marketing, product documentation, and technical writing, preferably in a cloud based enterprise software company
- Expertise with basic documentation software, familiarity with source control tools and basic HTML scripting and familiarity with a wide range of documentation and process software and tools
- Ability to understand the core elements of the Alteryx product suite well enough to be considered a SME and the ability to understand the full Alteryx product suite well enough to be represent the user
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex technical information clearly and concisely
- Excellent teamwork skills, ability to manage and influence cross functional teams