Sr. Content Publisher Sales at Sovrn
About the Team
As a member of the Sovrn Commerce team, you will help e-commerce retailers (“merchants”) earn incremental sales via our large and growing network of influential publishers. Since we live on the emerging edge of what’s possible, our team is made up of people who love to learn.
About the Job
The Content Publisher Sale's role is to help merchants grow their sales through Sovrn Commerce and grow the resulting commission payments to publishers. You will work directly with our merchant partners as a trusted consultant; your advice and coaching will be core to the value we bring as a platform.
What you’ll be doing:
- Prospect new clients (publishers), including the ability to qualify & close new publishers
- Develop a sales strategy & business plan for generating revenue through mid-tier publisher websites, media owners and platforms
- Pitch, in-person, email or phone through presentations and platform demos
- Work in collaboration with, publisher growth, merchant teams and marketing to develop new monetization opportunities and introduce these to the publisher market
- Report & identify opportunities and blockers to wider commercial teams of publisher prospects
- Escalate publisher support issues through appropriate channels as applicable
You possess strong sales skills and bring experience in both generating new business and developing lasting relationships with clients. You strive to exceed revenue targets through active selling, product implementation and managing expectations for new and existing clients. Above all, you love learning, and sharing what you know.
The successful candidate will have:
- Knowledge of the affiliate space and/or publisher monetization platforms
- Must work well under pressure
- Able to work with minimal supervision as well as within a group environment
- Strong focus on customer satisfaction & solving their problems
- Preferably proven by at least 2 - 3 years of experience in a client-facing role
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic knowledge of the online advertising industry
Location: Boulder, Colorado or the West
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Compensation and Benefits
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the total compensation for this role includes an annual base salary range of $100,000 to $150,000 plus variable compensation for an annual OTE of $140,000 - $180,000 for Boulder/Denver Colorado.
Note: The OTE reflected is based on 100% quota attainment. Actual earnings may be less or more depending on a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications and performance.
Sovrn offers a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, short and long term disability, life insurance, 11 paid holidays, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, and a paid parental leave program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.