Senior/Lead Content Strategist
Role & Responsibilities
- Lead creation of detailed content strategy deliverables with limited oversight, including voice and tone guidelines, governance models and workflows, content models, taxonomies, information architecture and relationship documents, content audits & inventories, and research findings.
- Produce cohesive strategy, research, and design documents that contextually address business needs, user needs, and best practices.
- Facilitate discovery activities with limited oversight such as content workshops, stakeholder interviews, audits, expert reviews, competitive reviews, etc.
- Critique discovery research findings and apply findings as appropriate to the solution.
- Conduct research activities such as content testing, card sorting, taxonomy testing, persona development, and user journeys.
- Collaborate within multi-disciplinary teams to create innovative, best-in-class, customer-centric solutions.
- Contribute to the establishment of experience design standards, deliverables and methodologies within the organization.
- Mentor staff to create polished deliverables, improve presentation skills, and guide personal growth.
- Stay informed and share insights on digital best practices, trends, tools; participate in content strategy communities locally and nationally.
- Participate in the planning and tracking of content strategy activities and deliverables across projects and accounts.
- Substantially contribute to our culture and atmosphere, quality of work, and growth into the next generation of content strategists.
- BS/BA/BFA in library science, graphic design, visual communication, or other design- or information- related fields; or equivalent experience
- 5-8+ years of experience as a content strategy professional
- Demonstrable experience presenting work to clients, facilitating and leading workshops, and moderating stakeholder interviews
- Experience connecting content strategy activities to demonstrable user, business, and brand value
- Strong background in taxonomy, information architecture, human factors
- Ability to create and lead content audits, content inventories, information structures, governance plans, copy, sitemaps, taxonomies, content models, user journeys, and process flows
- Ability to manage several high-profile projects simultaneously
- Consulting/agency experience is a plus
- In-depth knowledge of testing platforms such as Optimal Workshop or similar, and design and presentation software such as Microsoft Office
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and staff to achieve desired outcomes and build strong alliances and relationships
- Excellent listener with a passion for content strategy