Senior UX Writer at Nylas
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:01 a.m. (MST) on Saturday, October 2, 2021
Nylas is a pioneer and leading provider of universal communications APIs that allow developers to quickly connect their applications to every email, calendar, or contacts provider in the world. Over 100,000 developers around the globe use the Nylas communications platform to process over 1.2 billion API requests and 15TB of data per day from providers such as Gmail, Microsoft Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo! and more.
Who We Are
Nylas was founded in 2013 and has raised over $175M to date from Tiger Global, 8VC, Spark Capital, Slack, and more; as well as individual investors including Patrick Collison, Co-Founder and CEO of Stripe, John Collison, President and Co-Founder of Stripe, Sebastian Siemiatkowski, CEO of Klarna, and Tony Fadell. Developers around the world use Nylas to quickly and securely build email, scheduling, and work automation features into their applications. Nylas customers include Upwork, Wix, Freshworks, Lever, Dialpad, Ceridian, and Move.com.
Nylas is a BIG advocate for the well-being of its employees, which is why we have embraced a People First philosophy. It’s about giving more autonomy and flexibility to our employees. It’s not about when, where or how the work is accomplished; it’s about adopting a mindset of velocity and trust when tackling the work. It’s about respecting individual working styles, disabilities, and personal schedules, but also ensuring everyone has a better work-life balance. The outcomes will always be more important than the physical location.
Nylanauts have the ability to decide the best workspace or environment that will result in more ideas, engagement, creativity, focus, collaboration, and productivity. Why? Because we want our employees to be great; because we are focussed on being a high-performing team. To achieve this mission, we remove barriers and offer more autonomy. So, Nylanauts are encouraged to find those environments that inspire them to be great. This means Nylanauts can work from the slopes of Montana or from the beaches of Italy.
And if Nylanauts want to work from an office in one of our hubs (San Francisco, Denver, New York City, Toronto, and London), they can! The workspace is there to be utilized.
So, if you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product, and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you. Want to know more? Check us out on Comparably and Great Place to Work!
Fastest Growing Companies (Inc 500)
2020 Great Place to Work (Great Place to Work)
2020 Best Places for Professional Development (Comparably)
2020 Happiest Employees (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Compensation (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Perks & Benefits (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Work-Life Balance (Comparably)
About the role
We’re looking for a Senior User Experience Writer to join the team at Nylas. We believe in crafting delightful user journeys across our platform. You’ll work in a fast-paced environment collaborating with our engineers, product managers, support team, dev advocates, and other contributors.
You’ll be leading the UX copy strategy for all of our user-facing applications. You’ll be using research, past experience, and collaboration to own this part of the Nylas platform.
To succeed in this role, you are a confident writer who loves learning new things and isn’t afraid to take risks. You aren’t afraid to say“Hey! I know how we can do this better.” You don’t mind testing out an app to learn how we can provide the best user experience.
- Write clear, useful in-app copy for all our products
- Write and maintain a content style guide with our designers
- Craft guided experiences for different audiences
- Write video scripts with our marketing team
- Write product release notes
- Assist with writing technical documentation
- Work cross-functionally to get the job done
- Manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
Other Responsibilities - we move fast. You’ll also work on other writing tasks at Nylas.
- Write product release notes. Everyone helps write release notes. If you worked on a feature, write a release note for it. We gather them every week and publish a changelog for our customers.
- Edit, clarify, and proofread content written by others. You’ll need to review and provide feedback on copy written by others.
- Assist with writing technical documentation. You’re a part of the technical writing organization. The technical writers will be asking for your expert advice on user experience. You’ll be asking us for advice on testing features or the more technical parts of Nylas.
- At least 5+ years experience, 3 years as a UX Writer, with 2 years in the writing field
- Experience participating in UX research teams to identify content requirements
- Ability to identify critical insights(whether through trends or through hard data) and organize them into actionable plans that can be shared across content, UX, and development
- Highly organized, self-managed, and a proven ability to work with a globally distributed team
- Excellent communication skills; you have a knack for translating highly complex subject matter into succinct, easy-to-understand content pieces and collateral that are compelling, memorable, and captivating
- Proactive problem solver; you see an area of improvement and aren’t afraid to fix it
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO): we take this very seriously as we care about the well-being of our employees
- Healthcare: 90% premium coverage for medical, dental and vision for you and your family
- One Medical onsite and tele-health membership for you and dependents
- Additional: Health and DC FSA, Life insurance, with options for STD, LTD
- Retirement Plan: match up to 1% of annual salary for 401k or RRSP contributions
- Education Stipend: $1k annual education & development benefit
- Perk card: $150 per month towards health, wellness, and other perks via Assembly
- Cell Phone: $50 per month stipend towards cell phone reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks parental leave (maternity & paternity)
Nylas is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Nylas is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Nylas is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also EEO is the Law.
Read Full Job Description