Senior Manager, Content Strategy at Guild Education
This is a remote role, which can sit in any of the following 22 states: AZ, CO, CA, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NY, NJ, OR, PA, TN, TX, WA, WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above.
Guild is hiring for a Senior Manager, Content Strategy to drive the future of knowledge management across the company. We are looking for someone to build scalable, effective content solutions that enable our internal teams to find what they need when they need it to better serve our clients.
As a member of the Training & QA team, you will oversee content strategy and create clear frameworks with deliverables across multiple projects, managing the efforts end-to-end. This includes everything from analyzing current tools and content gaps to developing roadmaps and new processes that align with broader business objectives. You will manage and develop a team of content writers and implement standards for many others who play a part in content writing.
The role requires exceptional leadership skills, agility, and a strategic approach to finding solutions to drive desired business outcomes. You must be able to effectively partner with multiple cross-functional teams and leaders to lead the charge in developing ways to maximize scalability, quality control and innovative content development.
As a Senior Manager, Content Strategy, you will:
- Drive the internal content strategy efforts across the company’s student facing teams.
- Assess the effectiveness of current knowledge management tools and processes.
- Gain buy-in from cross-functional leaders on advised processes and frameworks by clearly showing a tie to business objectives.
- Develop scalable workflows, deliverables, and governance plans that keep the team nimble in a culture that moves fast and iterates quickly.
- Manage and facilitate procedures for gathering, storing, organizing, sharing and optimizing content across the company’s student facing teams.
- Collaborate with the Training & QA team to ensure cohesion between knowledge resources and learning solutions.
- Lead, grow, and develop a content team through performance management and coaching. Provide content direction and reviews while managing workloads.
- Implement standards and templates that teach content writers to communicate complex information clearly, concisely, and accurately.
- Identify opportunities and iterate continuously to maximize the effectiveness and adoption of our knowledge management systems.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 7+ years experience in a content strategy or related field.
- 3+ years managing people and large-scale knowledge management projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally across multiple levels, influencing others to build alignment and streamlined processes that drive business goals.
- Excellent problem solving and project management skills for systems, processes, and tools: Ability to identify a problem, ideate on potential solutions, build data-backed recommendations, engage a broad set of stakeholders to get work done, and deliver a solution consistent with those recommendations.
- Strong interpersonal skills: Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with senior stakeholders and communicate effectively while under pressure - balancing confidence, humility and diplomacy.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills with a balance of detail-oriented execution and big picture thinking.
- Learning mindset: Desire to learn, grow, and evolve in a fast-paced environment.
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We are one of the few female-led companies to hit a $1 billion valuation and the only Certified B Corporation with those qualifications. Our Series D financing round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $115,000 - $130,000, as well as company stock options.
Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
Access to a 401k to help save for your future
3 weeks of vacation in your first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help you recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, so that you can take the time to heal and or recover
Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, sick leave, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
Well-rounded wellness benefits including gym/fitness stipend and access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth