Senior Director of Editorial & Content at HomeAdvisor
HomeAdvisor is seeking an experienced Senior Director of Editorial & Content who can lead a new and large investment into content and editorial for both the consumer and service professional sides of the marketplace.
We see an opportunity to use editorial content to build an authentic and expert brand in the home ecosystem. Leveraging a media mindset for publishing, using expert voices, and investing in world class evergreen content, we believe that we can strategically drive meaningful revenue, traffic and brand awareness.
We are looking for an experienced content and editorial leader who will set the strategy, and can build teams, processes and technology to enable this large investment and new initiative. This role will report into the VP of SEO and Product Growth and will sit in our Denver, CO HQ.
HomeAdvisor is a dual-sided marketplace that nurtures growth of the independent small business and delivers a seamless experience in home improvement. As #1 in the home services category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions that will reshape the home services marketplace.
- A leader who has managed large budgets and teams across large scale publishing projects
- Competitive with a sense of urgency, creativity and curiosity for how we can outperform the competition, and drive stakeholders in product, analytics and engineering to deliver the data and tools needed to be effective
- An expert in editorial and content workflows, managing writers/editors and content production at scale
- Data driven and commercially aware - and comfortable balancing editorial quality with direct business revenue goals
- Collaborative by nature with a bias toward action
What you’ll do:
- Create an editorial strategy & vision for HomeAdvisor and use that to create a detailed plan for driving growth
- Manage a multi-million dollar content P&L across full-time staff, agencies and freelancers
- Expand the editorial team and build new editorial workflows to improve quality and increase output for a revamped editorial focus
- Build a team of full-time and distributed staff focused on producing evergreen, authority-driven content at scale
- Oversee a rebuild and re-platform of the editorial CMS
- Work closely with the SEO team to understand user intent, keyword research and content best practices for SEO
- Measure and track content quality and performance on a range of metrics to ensure we’re building best in class content experiences
Skills and experience for success:
- 8+ years content and editorial experience
- Experience with headless CMS solutions a plus
- Experience managing teams of writers, editors and content producers
- Experience building content workflows and processes across full-time and contract workers
- A passion for building authoritative and evergreen content experiences
- Powerful communication skills with an ability to engage and influence senior management
- Extensive experience working alongside product and other internal stakeholders to drive success
- Knowledge and working experience with BI and SEO tools like Google Analytics, Omniture, etc.
At HomeAdvisor, we create the digital tools and services that empower millions of service professionals to connect with hundreds of millions of homeowners. We are a dual sided marketplace that nurtures growth of the independent small business and delivers a seamless experience in home improvement. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world’s largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!
If you’re excited about joining a collaborative, high-impact team, send us your resume to start the conversation