Senior Copywriter - Sling
Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, Fox, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more. For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the U S. Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today’s contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are Sling.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Copywriter is the owner of Sling’s voice and tone across all the brand’s points of communication, including everything from ads and in-app messaging to internal company communications and executive speaking engagements. S/he ensures that we are communicating the right message to the right audience in the most effective and persuasive way.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work cross-functionally with the Creative Department, Marketing, Product, and Customer Care to develop and execute concepts for major product and marketing initiatives
- Understands the Sling product and customer uncovering key insights
- Develops messages that are on strategy and can be expressed across multiple media mediums
- Iterates on concepts with feedback from internal reviewers, business partners, and legal compliance
- Stays current with industry and marketing trends and incorporates new ideas
Skills - Experience and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a concentration in English, journalism, or communications
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a marketing, communications or advertising environment; or combination of education and relative work experience
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills