Senior Content Writer at BombBomb
Who we are...
Connecting people in a more meaningful way is not just what BombBomb’s software delivers - it’s what drives our teams every day. Through simple, personal video, we aim to Rehumanize communication. Our team is resourceful and intelligent. Competitive and collaborative. Fun-loving and tenacious. We’re close-knit and love adding new talent to the mix. If you are seeking a dynamic workplace and new challenges, we want to hear from you!
Who we're looking for...
The Senior Content Writer is responsible for creating, editing, and managing quality, professional, and timely content in support of the company’s Customer Success initiatives. This individual has ownership of BombBomb’s Customer Success writing content, processes, and execution. They reside over our knowledge base, community, in-app messaging, post sale nurture campaigns, thought leadership, ticketing tool content, and more. They’ll partner closely with department leaders to create a vision for how CS content channels are used to drive and maintain brand messaging, technical accuracy, and the “Voice” of BombBomb throughout the customer journey. Doing these things creates clarity, direction, and support for our customers to be successful.
What you will do...
- Lead CS content development. Partner with CS Leaders once per month to gather feedback on how we can optimize current and create new content. Develop content within an agreed upon time frame.
- Be the gatekeeper for CS content by reviewing requested changes and making decisions on if it will be implemented in an agreed upon time frame.
- Build and manage the customer knowledge base by creating new and updating existing content as reviewed by your supervisor.
- Analyze and optimize CS content performance. Set and achieve monthly and quarterly goals for customer traffic and engagement per channel.
- Participate in crisis communication/management needs during business or operational incidents as needed.
- Develop, influence, and review cross-departmental content where requested, with the ability to evaluate, synthesize and incorporate ideas and feedback from multiple stakeholders. Check all copy for spelling, grammar, diction, consistency, accuracy, etc.
- Work with the Product department to develop content for new and existing products and features. Contribute to UX writing, maintain consistency of brand “voice” throughout all areas.
- Create original content meant to influence, inspire, and assist both customers and other entities in the Customer Success/SaaS industry. Create one thought leadership piece each month.
- Establish and achieve SMART goals every quarter with your supervisor that yields quantifiable results around building, sustaining, and improving the business and your own personal development. Show progress of every goal in each 1:1.
How you'll do it...
Embody BombBomb’s core values: Relationships, Fun, Humility, Flexibility and Service
- Communication - Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication, including email.
- Listening Skills - Lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints
- Persuasion - Able to convince others to pursue a course of action
- Attention to detail - Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Strategic thinking/visioning - Able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way.
- Intelligence - Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Teamwork - Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Enthusiasm - Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude.
Our ideal candidate will be or have...
- 3-5 years of professional writing experience
- Familiarity with help center tools, such as Zendesk or other CRMs
- Ability to partner cross functionally with internal teams
- Proven track record crafting voice and tone
- Immaculate attention to detail
- Ability to successfully plan, organize, implement and monitor projects simultaneously to meet project deadlines
- Excellent communication skills with outstanding proficiency in grammatical, writing and editorial capabilities
NOTE: Please supply a link with prior writing samples with your application in the 'Portfolio' section
BombBomb Benefits Package Includes...
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits for you and your family (2 PPO + HSA option)
- Flexible PTO program
- 7 paid holidays
- 401k Plan with employer match
- Monthly company-catered lunch
- Fun workplace: happy hour every Friday and company game room
- Annual Education/Development for your career growth