Inboxlab, a fast-growing digital publisher, is expanding!
Inboxlab builds brands that expand perspectives through the wonder of learning, by delivering educational and entertaining experiences directly to the inbox. Since beginning our story, we've had one goal in mind: to become an engine for optimism. We firmly believe that the more connected to and aware of the world around us we are, the better off humankind will be.
Two years in, we're profitable and VC-free, and we've amassed 19 million subscribers across brands in the travel and gamified education verticals — with a pipeline of new brands to be launched in the future.
Our team of 50+ is insatiably curious, infectiously optimistic, radically connected, and intentionally intrepid. We operate as a distributed workforce, working remotely from around the world. As a team we interact with our hubs in Denver, LA, New York and Buenos Aires. If that resonates with you, we should talk!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a Research Editor to lead fact checking operations for all of our content, ensuring that our brands always meet standards of accuracy and professionalism. You’re a stickler for details and consistency, and you’re an exhaustive yet efficient researcher, painstakingly vetting a healthy volume of editorial content — including trivia questions, quizzes and articles — read by millions of highly engaged subscribers who give us their time and their trust. This position reports to the Editorial Director. This position will operate remotely and interact with our hubs in Denver, LA, New York and Buenos Aires.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Fact-check daily batches of trivia questions, articles, quizzes and other content pieces across all Inboxlab brands.
- Establish and maintain in-house fact checking standards and processes
- Work in lockstep with staff editors, staff writers and social media manager to improve overall accuracy and efficiency
- Recruit, hire and manage Assistant Research Editor plus freelance fact checkers
- Educate larger organization on fact checking standards, efficiency improvements
- Brainstorm and ideate with editorial colleagues; develop and pitch ideas for editorial content, franchises and series
- Faithfully translate company mission, core values into everyday tasks and projects
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BRING
- 5+ years as a research editor/fact checker for a high-volume digital publication
- An innate love of research, data digging and verifying details
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient knowledge of email marketing
- A passion for learning, knowledge-sharing, and the optimistic potential of the internet
- Curiosity, expertise and/or ability to quickly soak up knowledge on a broad range of topics, from general trivia to science, animals, travel, history, vocabulary and more
- Hunger and metabolism for (good!) work in a fast-paced editorial operation
- Bachelor’s Degree in writing, communications, marketing, or other related fields
- Equal parts strategic and creative energy; you’re a self-starter who loves to collaborate, learn, and innovate
- Experience and interest in building and curating gamified educational experiences
- Proven track record for smart, consistent idea generation
- Ability to stay organized and tackle multiple tasks at a time
- This position will operate remotely and interact with our hubs in Denver, LA, New York and Buenos Aires.
At Inboxlab we aim to provide equal opportunity for all. We are firm believers in the strength of diversity and aim to build teams of individuals that offer unique perspectives, come from different backgrounds and challenge each other to be better every day!
Read Full Job Description