Public Relations and Content Manager
FoodMaven is seeking a Public Relations and Content Manager who is interested in getting in on the ground level of an exciting startup with a big mission. Being a startup, we are looking for a storyteller that can wear multiple hats – someone who feels equally comfortable developing content and communication strategies, working directly with the press, and writing long-form narratives that tell more nuanced stories. You’ll have a strong desire to truly understand our different audiences – restaurants, institutional kitchens, farmers, ranchers, distributors, manufacturers, non-profits and more – so your writing always hits the mark. Just as important, you’ll have a passion for a mission-based company that works hard to tell our story and make a real impact.
This role report’s to the VP of Government and Industry Affairs, but will also work closely with the CEO as a key PR asset. The position will be based in Colorado, with a preference for our Colorado Springs office. NOTE: This is a full-time role based in Colorado. We will not consider consultants / contract work or remote locations.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Be the “keeper” of the FoodMaven story, particularly as it relates to PR and Communications objectives, but also in coordination with Marketing and Brand objectives and guidelines.
- Serve as a primary writer and author of FoodMaven content, especially as it relates to long-form storytelling and PR/Communications projects
- Serve on the PR/Communications Committee comprised of the CEO, VP Gov & Industry Affairs, and VP of Marketing.
- Understand FoodMaven’s brand, products, customer personas and customer journey.
- Assist in development of FoodMaven’s brand voice and ensure its consistency across all of our PR/Communications efforts.
- Write copy for all aspects of our PR and corporate communications – website, emails, social media posts, blog content, white papers, press releases and more.
- Assist in the development of concepts for social media in coordination with marketing.
- Regularly contribute and manage content as part of the company social media / content marketing strategy and plans.
- Develop a comprehensive communications strategy that targets a wide range of media.
- Identify and research potential topics for the content calendar based on our strategy and objectives.
- Work with various stakeholders – product marketing, demand generation, customer support/success, sales, government / industry affairs, and office of CEO – to help with communications and content needs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience as a copywriter, content marketer or related role in Public Relations
- Demonstrated track record of creating high quality content from long-form narrative to headlines to blogs posts
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing against a communications plan
- Exceptional writing skills, grammar, and proofreading skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced startup environment and ability to manage multiple projects on short deadlines
- Demonstrated experience with members of the press and media.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Writing, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or a similar discipline
- Experience in the food industry – specifically with FoodMaven targets suppliers and or buyers
- Experience developing a multi-media communications plan
- Experience at an early stage and/or high-growth startup.
To apply, email us at [email protected]. Please submit a resume and cover letter telling us why you believe your experience is relevant to this role.