Proposal Writer - Specialist at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Travel Percentage :
Are you great communicator with the ability to work across teams to get things done? If so, come be part of an industry leading team helping to define proposal strategy, win themes, and value statements. At FIS, you’ll have the opportunity, as part of our proposal development team, to help position FIS’ government-focused solutions for market growth in 2020 and beyond.
About the team
You’ll be part of our team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial and passionate. Each member of the proposal development team works with sales, product managers and technical and operations subject matter experts to write and develop content for proposals that respond to Requests for Proposal (RFPs) from government agency clients.
What you will be doing
You’ll use your experience and skills in effective planning, scheduling, researching, and writing to compile standard content together with custom content, working with minimal supervision, to craft complex proposal responses. You will:
- Generate/write/develop creative, compelling (and winning) written responses to government requests and solicitations.
- Work collaboratively as part of a writing team using a style guide to achieve a common voice, style, and message.
- Convert complex solution and technical information, jargon and acronyms into evaluator-friendly, compliant content conveying necessary sales messaging and win themes.
- Work independently and as part of a team in an often high-stress, fast-paced environment.
- Participate in constructive peer review.
- Minimal travel.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years demonstrated experience in proposal/business writing.
- Proven knowledge and experience with large, complex proposals in response to government RFPs; experience with industry standard proposal development processes.
- Ability to write persuasively using the client’s points of interest, goals and objectives as stated in the RFP. Ensuring each proposal answer conforms to the specific requirements and instructions.
- Experience designing/writing/editing tables, diagrams, charts, matrices, past performance descriptions and resumes for proposals.
- Experience analyzing RFP instructions and preparing comprehensive proposal outlines/proposal template files in Microsoft Word.
- Experience conducting interviews with subject matter experts, reviewing product and/or services source materials, and creating writing strategies to meet interim and final review deadlines.
- Skill in editing writing for punctuation, syntax and grammar
- Expert level experience in MS Word; must be proficient in the mechanics of Word including advanced functions such as the creation and use of templates (.dot), styles, field codes, automated tables of contents, etc.
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat DC, Visio, etc.
Added bonus if you have:
- Knowledge of EBT, prepaid debit card, transaction processing, and/or financial services industries desirable.
- Knowledge of content database tools and content management processes desirable.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite software or similar to create/edit graphics desirable.
What we offer you
- A competitive salary.
- A fantastic range of benefits including private medical cover, dental coverage, and 401K
- Flexibility to work remotely.
- Latitude for independent judgment.
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.