Proposal Mgr at GHX
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:19 a.m. (MST) on Wednesday, February 9, 2022
We are seeking an experienced Proposal Manager to join our growing Contract Operations team at GHX. The Contract Operations team sits at the nexus of multiple functions including sales, finance, product management, operations and legal to efficiently manage the quoting and contracting process. We are a fast-paced, high-volume team that supports revenue growth while ensuring adherence to organizational risk tolerances.The Proposal Manager is responsible for managing request for proposals across all GHX's business units to producing accurate, informative, and effective proposal documents. The primary goal is to ensure all proposals contain the right level of product and service detail and accurately reflect the scope of the deal to inform and engage the customer along their buying journey. This individual will have a primary role of working all RFP/RFI/RFQ requests, assisting in the creation and maintenance of proposal templates, creating, and maintaining a content library, as well as partnering with GHX Sales leaders to find open RFP opportunities. Additional responsibilities include process improvement, process documentation and project work. Key Responsibilities
- Manage Request for Proposals (RFPs) across all GHX's business units for commercial and government sectors.
- Manage projects with cross-functional teams (legal, product, sales, operations, finance, etc.).
- Perform initial RFP Analysis, recommend bid/no-bid decision, and coordinate leadership approval where applicable.
- Respond to RFPs within self-imposed deadlines through the assessment of requirements, utilization and coordination of resources, and task prioritization.
- Ability to complete RFPs with minimal supervision.
- Maintain and update response content library.
- In charge of establishing KPIs for the proposal process and reporting outputs on a recurring basis.
- Contribute to the maintenance, documentation, and improvements to current processes.
- Create and leverage proposal and other content templates to support commercial team requests and move deals forward.
- Interview subject matter experts, research and write new content for sales proposals.
- Assist with the development, implementation, and maintenance of proposal templates.
- Assist with the potential implementation of proposal management software.
- Assist in training internal business teams on the RFI, RFQ and RFP process.
- Work collaboratively to prepare proposal templates for new services in advance of contract and SKU release.
- Other duties as specified.
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Detail oriented
- Customer service orientation
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Strong research and organization skills
- Results driven
- Active learner, constantly looking to improve and grow
- Bachelor's degree journalism/communications, English, business marketing, or a combination of education and related experience.
- 3 plus years of experience in managing, developing, and executing proposal and RFP projects in support of a sales organization.
- 5 plus years of experience developing, writing and editing sales and marketing content for technical products and services.
- Demonstrated expertise in all facets of proposal development lifecycle.
- Strong writing and editing skills with an attention to detail.
- Proven track record of managing and winning RFx activities.
- Knowledge of Word including the use of styles and formatting tools.
- Knowledge of Acrobat including editing and completing forms.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines, deliverables and changing priorities; ability to multi-task and work under tight schedules.
- Experience using Client Relationship Management (CRM), preferably Salesforce.com or similar.
- Graphic design, visual communications, or related field experience
- Software or health care industry experience preferred
- Experience using RFP software solution (such as Loopio, Ombud or similar)
- APMP Certification, or similar
- Managing projects through to completion and successful outcomes
- CPQ experience, preferably Apttus CPQ
- Experience working with standard contract and legal documents
Read Full Job Description