Product Technical Writer at Prove (Formerly Payfone)
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:08 a.m. (MST) on Wednesday, February 10, 2021
Prove is the modern platform for continuous identity authentication and is used by over 1,000 enterprises and 500 financial institutions including 9 of the top 10 U.S. banks. Prove’s cloud solutions and mobile intelligence -driven APIs can be easily orchestrated to increase Approve Rates to over 90%, enabling companies to authenticate customer identities accurately, effortlessly, and privately, while mitigating fraud. Prove’s solutions are available in 195 countries. For the latest updates from Prove, follow us on LinkedIn.
As we continue to scale our company, we are looking for people who know how to make an impact. We’re talking self-starting professionals who thrive in a fast-paced environment, process information quickly and make intelligent decisions. The work is challenging and requires not only smarts, but natural curiosity and tenacity. Teamwork is also important to us – we work together and play together.
Prove has big plans; we’re excited and optimistic about the future. If this sounds like a career for you – come check us out.
The Product Technical Writer is an integral part of the product development team working in a fast-paced environment. You will provide leadership and direction by defining the Prove documentation strategy and toolset. You will gather technical details by working with the development, implementation, and product team to design and implement the full suite of Prove documentation. You should be able to obtain key knowledge of Prove products to identify user needs and help internal and external customers to understand the business values our products solve. You will work with cross-functional teams to support product releases and customer implementations.
What You Are Accountable For
- Own and manage product technical documentation strategy and toolsets
- Understand product solutions and their features, and be able to communicate these effectively to customers via documentation
- Work with the software development teams to understand each release to generate release notes and API documentation
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to analyze the documentation needs which align to the product roadmap and strategic goals
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and subject matter experts (SME) to obtain documentation content
- Establish yourself as the bridge between the Engineering, Sales, and Onboarding teams to ensure this cross-department have an adequate understanding of the Prove solutions
- Create and maintain product documentation which may include release notes, user guides, API documentation, and marketing materials
- Support the product and marketing teams in finalizing RFPs and RFIs as needed
- Communicate effectively with internal stakeholders and set realistic expectations
- Promoting, maintaining, and enhancing our cultural values of humility, passion, inclusion, and leadership
What We Require
- Two to five years of experience as a product technical writer in a fast-paced scaling environment
- Self-starter with the ability to learn new technologies
- Exceptional analytical, process-oriented, evaluative, and technical writing abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with others, including various levels of management.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to multitask, prioritize, and detail oriented
- BS degree in technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of RESTFul APIs
- Knowledge of identity authentication domain
- Promote, maintain and enhance our cultural values of humility, passion, inclusion and leadership
- Strong passion for learning our products and markets through in-house and external training
This position description should not be considered the final description of the position. It should be assumed that we would, to some extent, structure responsibilities in accordance with the successful candidate’s capabilities and changing business conditions.
Prove is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people regardless of race, color, religion, gender or sexual orientation, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, veteran status or other personal characteristics.
Read Full Job Description