Part Time Education Specialist at Peaksware
🔗 Website: https://www.makemusic.com/
📍 Location: Remote until 2021
- Peaksware/MakeMusic employees are working remotely from home due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We will work with anyone hired during this period to accommodate remote on-boarding to the best of our ability. An in-person meeting at the office may be required to provide equipment and/or VPN access to enable remote work, or a delayed start may occur depending upon government orders and regulations at the time.
Our mission is to develop innovative solutions that transform how music is composed, taught, learned and performed. More than a software company, MakeMusic is full of people and personalities who share a passion for music. Music is what we do. You will recognize us as Finale, SmartMusic, Garritan, and MusicXML.
For more than 25 years, Finale has been the industry standard in music notation software.
SmartMusic is a SaaS platform that transforms the way students practice and teachers educate. Garritan is a world-leading provider of quality virtual software instruments for music creators. MusicXML is the open format for distributing and sharing digital sheet music.
SmartMusic is an award-winning interactive music software that provides a deliberate practice environment for students in band, orchestra, and choir. With a subscription to SmartMusic, students have unlimited access to the world’s largest accompaniment library for all ages and skill levels, which includes thousands of pieces of music.
As Education Specialist, you will be working closely with the Marketing, Sales, Product and Customer Success teams, you will assist in all aspects of client and employee product education. Through in-person workshops, online webinars, content, and online courses, you will educate existing and potential customers on how to use our web, mobile, and desktop applications to drive deeper engagement, help them to grow their businesses and increase customer lifetime value.
- Produce or oversee the production of all product education content including online courses, videos, and additional articles as needed.
- Assist Customer Team in executing overall education strategy including SmartMusic and Finale training, clinics, webinars, online education, as well as product and support content.
- Assist in organizing and facilitating SmartMusic webinars and clinics including planning, logistics, and presentations.
- Present clinics and educational webinars for educators, students, and partners independently as the need arises.
- Work with product teams to gather the knowledge necessary to develop product education content.
- Execute outbound phone calls, emails, or webinars for customers to demonstrate product value and increase feature engagement for MakeMusic products.
- Working closely with management to develop and maintain Product Education Online courses including strategy, research, production, and platform management.
- Assist management in executing overall education strategy for workshops, online education, and product and support content.
- Assist in presenting and facilitating workshops
- Act as an understudy in the event the manager cannot attend a scheduled workshop
- Potentially facilitate workshop independently should the need arise
- Represent the voice of the customer to help inform the product development process.
- Assist the Marketing team with understanding new features to help develop the marketing message for campaigns.
- Form, nurture, and maintain strong relationships with other educators, influencers, partners, and leaders in the education world to promote education in general and our products specifically.
- Drive the implementation of our products by introducing deeper feature engagement and continuing education based on “best practices” use of our products and individual customer goals.
- Accurately record customer interactions within ZenDesk & G Suite applications when appropriate.
- Minimum 10% travel, including international
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 5 years of direct experience using all MakeMusic products and an In-depth knowledge of SmartMusic.
- Bachelor’s degree in Music Education
- Background as a musician and music educator
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Communications, Marketing, or related field.
- Comfortable with public speaking to groups and large audiences.
- Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills.
- Experience working with education based course platforms and content publishing, CMS and web analytics tools.
- Basic video production and editing experience
- Basic audio production and editing experience
- Basic photo production and editing experience
- Background in SAAS based education.
Peaksware/MakeMusic is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role is $33,859 - $56,432. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, and certifications.
This role is eligible for variable compensation including bonus.
Benefits and Perks:
- 100% company-paid Medical for employees with buy-up options
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Additional coverage options such as accident and critical illness insurance and hospital indemnity
Disability and Life
- Company-paid Short Term Disability
- Company-paid Long Term Disability
- Company-paid Basic Life Insurance and AD&D
- Employee-paid Supplemental Life Insurance for Employee, Spouse, and/or Child
- 401(K) Matching
- Pet Insurance
- Significant investment in resources for employee development and professional growth
- Flexible work schedule in a culture of trust
- 9 paid holidays annually and unlimited Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Free TrainingPeaks, TrainHeroic, MakeMusic accounts, and Alfred Music product
- Access to on-site workout room, including locker rooms and showers
- Secure on-site bike storage
- Access to our on-site music studio
- Access to corporate discounts on gym memberships and gear
- Access to nutritious snacks and devour hour, weekly subsidized lunch
*Please note - due to COVID-19 some perks are not readily available at this time.
Please contact [email protected] if you require a reasonable accommodation to review our website or to apply online.