Guild is hiring for a Multimedia Specialist to create and develop multimedia content that informs, educates and inspires.
In particular, we are looking for a creative and motivated maker with an entrepreneurial spirit. We are looking for someone who is interested in a role that embraces learning and who brings a desire to solve problems and tell stories through multimedia content — a jack-of-all trades providing photography, video, and editing services primarily within the Marketing team but also for cross-functional partners as needed.
As a Multimedia Specialist, you will:
- Create engaging video, audio, and animated content for different platforms, including social media, website and offline sharing
- Edit video stories and testimonials of the student experience for a variety of marketing channels
- Provide photographic services including portraits, coverage of company events, and headshots
- Manage multiple projects from concept through completion in a deadline-driven environment
- Execute hands-on video production including the setup of video and photo shoots, lighting, sound, and other technical details
- Record video interviews and create high-quality film clips from raw footage, including editing, sound mixing and inserting closed captioning, graphics, or other on-screen text
- Operate and maintain video equipment including troubleshooting equipment issues, and maintain an organized collection of raw video files and backups
- Upload and organize video files and track engagement
- Archive, catalog, and organize digital content in a cross-functionally accessible system
- Collaborate cross-functionally in the development of projects for various objectives/platforms
- Contribute to the marketing team by attending meetings, brainstorming sessions, offering suggestions/solutions, and providing follow-up on projects
- Develop new, relevant technology skills when required, and stay up to date on industry trends
- Possess a positive "whatever it takes mentality," and an ability to quickly and easily adapt to changing mandates and priorities
- Thrive in a feedback-driven culture and have a sense of humor
- Join a team committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
As a member of the marketing department, you will report to Becky Olstad (Senior Content Manager) and join a hard-working, fun, and growing content team that includes, Maggie Myers (Director of Content), Madelyn Falk, (Associate Content Manager), and more.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 3+ years professional experience in multimedia development and production — including photography, video editing, and video capture
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite applications — including a high level of comfort in Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, and Premiere
- A strong portfolio showcasing your technical expertise in photography, video, and editing
- Experience and proficiency with DSLR camera equipment for photos and videos
- A strong sense of design and visual composition
- The right balance of technical skills and imaginative creativity
- Strong organizational, project, and time management skills
- A high degree of competence, maturity, adaptability, resilience, integrity, and initiative
- Experience in a start-up environment
- An ability to translate key messages into content
- Working knowledge of multimedia workflows and digital asset management
- Strong interpersonal skills; an ability to offer suggestions and accept feedback, and a positive attitude and professional manner
- The skills of a responsive, nimble problem-solver who can manage/complete multiple projects under shifting needs and deadlines
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, and patience for a role in a fast-paced, fun, and collaborative environment
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion. Fast Company recently named Guild as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies and we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis, Bessemer, Redpoint, Rethink EDU, Harrison Metal, Cowboy Ventures, Salesforce and Workday Ventures.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.