Inboxlab is a leading digital publisher that harnesses the power of email as an ideal way to deliver exceptional editorial experiences to millions of readers every day. We grew out of the creativity and passion of our founder, Nicholas Pardon, a pioneer in email innovation. We started with a keen eye for what people want to receive in their inbox, and then we built proprietary technology that helps forge sustainable connections with target audiences. With this creative and technology platform, we have successfully launched a portfolio of brands that engage our readers’ curiosity and their desire to always be learning.
Recognized as a Top 50 Startup to Watch in 2019 by Built In Colorado, Inboxlab is proud to be based in Denver and New York City and quickly adding to its team of go-getters and entrepreneurs.
Inboxlab presently focuses on two verticals: travel and gamified education (edutainment). Our mission-based flagship travel brand, The Discoverer, reaches 3,000,000+ subscribers with its weekly editions and our Inbox Edutainment network currently serves 50,000,000+ trivia and quiz plays per month.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Managing Editor, you will work with a team of highly creative professionals who have fresh ideas and diverse perspectives. You will help manage the production of entertaining, educational and inspiring content across our portfolio of brands. You will play a central role in the development and supervision of all editorial projects across our network of in-house and freelance writers, supporting the direction and development of our content management team. You must be passionate about team management, data insights and creating content in the travel and trivia verticals.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Oversee the editorial calendars and strategies across Inboxlab’s portfolio of brands
- Create and assign article ideas to in-house writers and freelance network
- Source and curate quality content contributors
- Manage the budget and operations of content development
- Maintain a schedule for the writing staff
- Manage the review of content from writers prior to publication
- Expand and guide the direction for brand voices and guidelines
- Apply research learning to improve content quality and subscriber engagement
- Analyze and report on traffic and engagement metrics to the Inboxlab team
- Implement strategies to increase engagement across brandsImplement SEO strategies to increase organic traffic
- Act as a resource for other department heads to answer content team-related questions
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BRING
- 5+ years of experience managing and editing at a digital media company
- Exceptional written communication skills
- Ability to work with and manage a diverse team of journalists, industry experts and editorial development consultants
- Experience working with both written and visual content
- Ability to produce topics that result in high engagement across brands
- Proven expertise in creating viral content
- Understanding of AP style
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects at once
- Collaboration and organizational skills
- Proven expertise in SEO practices
At Inboxlab we aim to provide equal opportunity for all! We are firm believers in the strength of diversity and aim to build teams of individuals that offer unique perspectives, come from different backgrounds and challenge each other to be better every day!
Read Full Job Description