Managing Editor, SEO Content at BiggerPockets
BiggerPockets is a complete resource for anyone looking to succeed in real estate investing. We offer free content, tools, and a community of over 1,400,000 members to help people avoid mistakes; learn valuable tips; find partners, deals, and financing; and make the best investing decisions possible.
BiggerPockets is seeking an editor experienced in SEO best practices to help build out a program of professional content targeted at specific keywords related to real estate and finance. This role will involve reworking existing pieces of content into robust guides and articles with a purposeful aim towards ranking for high-volume keywords. The position will also entail providing guidance to contract writers to produce from-scratch longform content aimed at page-one Google rankings, as well as articles and reports based on investor-centric data. The ideal fit for this job is someone who has a passion for writing and editing, along with an enthusiasm for data, digging into analytics, and systematically improving rankings and providing value to readers via high-quality content.
- Collaborate with SEO specialist to understand keywords targeted by each form of content published
- Understand and implement best SEO practices in terms of metadata, URL structure, title tags, link structure, redirects, and placement in site navigation
- Identify existing blog articles to combine into more comprehensive pieces; edit for cohesiveness, SEO best practices, and brand tone/voice
- Work with data analyst to identify report-worthy data points of interest to the target audience
- Recruit and coordinate a team of contract writers to craft SEO-focused and data pieces according to content schedule
- Work with in-house designers and contractors to produce accompanying graphics as needed
- Release 15-20 pieces of content per month, targeting 5MM keyword volume monthly
- Hone systems related to content production with an aim towards efficiently and consistently producing comprehensive, high-quality pieces
- Track performance of content in terms of page views, as well as success in SEO rankings
- 5+ years of experience managing writers and editing to SEO best practices
- Strong writing abilities, with proven expertise in SEO writing; familiarity with data writing
- Ability to report on content success using Google Analytics, SEMRush (or similar), and Excel/Google Sheets
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications, or another related field. 5+ years of experience in a professional setting.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment - This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role. Moving equipment for production and videos is regularly required.
Travel: Minimal travel is required for this position
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Days and Core Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. This is still a full-time position and you are expected to work 40 hours per week. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
BiggerPockets is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.